What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Derailleur surgery today.

Started with a mild anaesthetic (for the surgeon) and fully expected to be on the march to the FW thread but somehow was a success.

Cheers to a particularly awesome Farker for the organ donation.

Both bike and surgeon are resting now and doing well.

8B9A31E0-C2E2-46F6-9FB6-840047FDBCCC.jpeg

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Given all the hype I thought I might as well see whether it is worth it or not and started a build. Got most of the parts, probably going 3x9 since I have some gear in the spares box. 26" obviously. Frame needs a paint. Any thoughts on colour and process? Is it worth the trouble of powder coating. Where do I get new stickers from?

Any thoughts?
How much did Moorey sell it for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Working bee building more Yackandandah tracks today.
Helped build a nice log roll over into a massive berm because there was an uprooted tree and plenty of handy clay.
Although not technical there are some v flowy fun tracks around Yack. Will be approaching 80 kms. soon.
Then the Epic trail will be about another 40 kms.!!!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Put the fresh build in front of the fence I should've spent some of the money on... Funny how priorities can be quite malleable!

Special credit to @The Duckmeister who pulled a wheel build out of the hat with not much notice to get this beastie rolling for the weekend.

Scavenged brakes, dropper and majority of the driveline from the 5010. And just in time for a shuttle day tomorrow! Loving it!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Hifi’s new bike looks sweet!

(Nope, that joke will never get old)

Gorgeous build, as expected for one of your bikes. Fence be damned.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Rode eLysty.

Haven’t been there in ages and it was dry and the trails are holding up this winter no worries. Other than two families having a lot of fun on Huffies, there were not many out, but only half were real bikes, with the other half being eShitbikes. It’s no wonder, the place is losing its appeal. I was climbing up the start of Redgum and one passed me going so fast it was bizarre. He called ‘passing on the right’ which was fine, but the speed differential, considering we were going in the same direction, was really significant. He was young and fit and had big legs, but he was going so quick, it was like it was hotted up, way quicker than stock. Halfway up Redgum, he was stopped on his phone, and he then passed me again, going towards the George Michael, and could easily see his tyre track, over the top of everyone else’s… it was like he was laying the gravel equivalent of a blacky.

I’m really loving the Kona Process, and was on track to equal my Stumpy’s average time around there, but had to stop and try to help a very young teen, who had stuffed his rear wheel, jumping off one of the raised sections on Middle. No joy, not possible to fix it, so he and his mate were in for a walk.

Anyway, other than the eAngst, it was very nice out.

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode eLysty.

Anyway, other than the eAngst, it was very nice out.

I was out there this afternoon too :) 12:30 - 3:00
Tiny bit of drizzle and mostly tacky dampness. But surprised how dry it was heading down Blair Witch, stacked it in one of the hairpins after a big front end wash lol.

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
Missed out on Youis shuttles.
So decided to get some km’s in the legs for an upcoming Derby trip.
Got back to the car with 43km under the belt.
Second biggest mtb ride I’ve done.

Oh yeah, and had a huge OTB into the jungle on Junction track decent.
Exhausted on the way back, still hauling tho, clipped a pedal, clipped a tree, grabbed a handful of front brAke and took off cartwheeling downhill into the bush.
Took 5 min to extricate myself and the bike.
Apparently looked pretty funny according to my mate travelling behind.

Last edited:

beeb

Oh yeah, and had a huge OTB into the jungle on Junction track decent.
Exhausted on the way back, still hauling tho, clipped a pedal, clipped a tree, grabbed a handful of front brAke and took off cartwheeling downhill into the bush.
Took 5 min to extricate myself and the bike.
Apparently looked pretty funny according to my mate travelling behind.
Thought I spotted the GG there, hope you and bike are well. Briefly saw @wkkie too (sorry for not having a bit more of a chat - I was pondering drivetrain issues!*)

Ripmo was otherwise awesome, definitely figured out the few details that didn't work for me last time round and am a very happy chap right now. Bike loves to charge and just feels confident everywhere.

*Only minor issue I need to look at is derailleur adjustment as it was hopping out of gears a fair bit (was okay on the stand, but evidentally not under load) and got unlucky with a getting a rear brake line chopped on the shuttle trailer which put an end to the day for me. I would've only done another couple of runs so called it a day and will fix it during the week.

@hifiandmtb - no new bike for you mate! :D

beeb

Glad you like the new bike old @beeb. What changes did you make again?
-1 degree Works angle headset, 50mm stem (instead of previous 40mm), Aggressor in an Exo casing (instead of DD), and updated 2019 shock in new frame. Easier to weight the front, spins up easier, less nervous in rocks. Feels more lively and us easier to ride basically.

My back is also more flexible now than when I had the previous version, after lots of stretches and a little physio, which has made me comfortable on the longer reach.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Good times at the Youies shuttles today. Was nice to meet you @beeb and I caught a quick glimpse of the GG of @Jpez as it shot down into Cressy.

I was pretty dusty coming straight from the last day of nightshift, but managed to smash a can or 2 and a handful of sausages which keep me alert enough for the rubber side to stay down!

The club put on a well run day and there were pretty minimal waits for the shuttles.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Today was Yarra Trails down the Kew Boulevard end. Bit of fun. Quite enjoy the section right next to the freeway bike track on the way out to Burke Rd.