New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

MARKL

Eats Squid
I don't know the people behind this but believe they've made many contributions to trail building and advocacy both paid and unpaid.

I don't think this is some elaborate fraud to take mountain bikers money.

I think the launch and subsequent publicity hasn't been handled really well. Talking about a chairlift and uci level events seems to be putting the cart before the horse. Maybe just get some trails up and running and build on that. Most people, myself included love their trails and the "froth" would build from there.

Of course all this is my opinion, a bystander who hasn't and isn't having a crack. They are and for that full respect.
Fraud requires planning...it is the least of my concerns

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So here's the latest. Not sure what to think to be honest. I love the enthusiasm and ideas but it still hasn't told me anything. I hate being this guy, I am normally the stoked grommet but this video still hasn't given me any more reason to lay down some cash although I suspect in this case it's not designed to. This seems more like a planning video.

GVBP

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I'm guessing that's more for those planning approvals they're seeking, than generating froth in the riding public.

I'm surprised they're even considering a mid-station for the chair, unless the terrain is really not suited for a lift in the first place and it needs a serious redirect. 200m elevation doesn't really need a mid-station and would mean a serious level of extra investment in staffing and oversight for a (highly likely) little used stop...

mark22

Likes Dirt
Don't think they could be serious about the 200 m lift, comparing it to the Thredbo with its Kosciuszko express and 560m in the video doesn't give any cred.
Ooops better in winter than summer.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Can't believe they're still yet to get planning permission!
I work in a relevant sector and queried that early on. If that video is recent, then that's still potentially a major hurdle for them.

No doubt the use required an approval that differs from the existing/historical use. They will need to address a range of environmental, traffic, bushfire etc. matters to the satisfaction of the Council/State and likely some vocal locals. If it is refused, only approved in part or, depending upon the circumstances, subject to a court appeal then it will take time and $ to resolve.

Really risky promoting the project like they did if they do not have the planning approvals in place. Great way to piss off the Council, State and locals.

Hopefully it is just an old video and they are way past that now.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
sickfrothbro said:
Glenworth Valley Bike Park at full tilt will have one of the sickest dirt jumping tracks in Australia. That's rite, it's going to be sick...YEW!!!

We have an ace up our sleeve with this one! Ultimately, dirt jumping will attract MTB riders from around the globe and enhance rider progression.

We've got something for everyone at GVBP!

Show your support by following us on socials & donating through our link in bio. A big shout out to our MTB community who have shared, liked and donated.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Is there anyone they didn't 'borrow' footage from?
following on from the footage
I have only lived in the area for a few years, so I don't class myself as an expert, but when and how much snow is this facility likely to see in a season?
Might have to rethink all my pre-booked riding vouchers that I didn't buy, if the park is going to be swarming with shredders!

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I work in a relevant sector and queried that early on. If that video is recent, then that's still potentially a major hurdle for them.
Hopefully it is just an old video and they are way past that now.
The vid was only posted on the 23rd. It might be old but I can’t see why you’d post it now so no idea really.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I am getting the feeling that this whole saga is just a massive troll, and all of us suckers have fallen right into their hands
while we are all sitting here speculating on what this park is going to be like or even if it is a thing, these dudes are out riding our trails, casing our jumps and rutting the shit out of our berms..
me thinks it Lynch'n Time

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
bored on a windy wet sunday, came home after a few offs and a cracker OTB ,
a gin and panadine later , I thought I would have a scratch around to see how things were progressing.
So with 76 days of their fund raising left to go, they have amassed a whopping 1% of the overall funds needed to get this shit show on the road..
#deadinthewater!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
bored on a windy wet sunday, came home after a few offs and a cracker OTB ,
a gin and panadine later , I thought I would have a scratch around to see how things were progressing.
So with 76 days of their fund raising left to go, they have amassed a whopping 1% of the overall funds needed to get this shit show on the road..
#deadinthewater!
Where did you go Riding?