Dirtjumper Deluxe - Pivot Point

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I didn't get in to cycling until my 20s so I missed out on doing bmx as a kid and learning how to manual and jump properly. Instead I learned from the hit and hope school of DH.

Now I'm a fat old dad and things don't heal as well, hit and hope isn't good enough. So it was time to go back and learn to do things properly.

In typical Oddjob style I've bought someone's bike and pretty much changed everything.

What started out as thishttps://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=314808&share_fid=1708&share_type=t has turned into this:

Frame - Pivot Point
Rear shock -
Front shock/fork - Manitou Mattoc Comp 100mm
Handlebars - Amswer Protaper
Stem - Thomson
Headset - Pro
Grips - Raceface
Saddle - ???
Seatpost - ???
Front brake - SLX M7000
Rear brake - SLX M7000
Cranks - Raceface Turbine 170mm
Chainguide - Blackspire
Chain - KMC
Pedals - Mission Impulse
Front derailleur -
Rear derailleur - Zee
Front shifter -
Rear shifter - XT
Cassette - XT
Front hub - Hope Pro 2
Rear hub - Hope Pro 2
Front rim - Mavic 721
Rear rim - Mavic 721
Spokes - ???
Nipples - ???
Tyres - Kenda Small Block 8
Tubes - ???
Total weight - ???

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Nice one sir. You should get some use out of that one.

I just don't know how you find a big enough stable for your herd of MTB's :) Not that theres anything wrong with that.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
How’re you finding the fork compared to the fox?

Liking those tyres more than what you had last I saw this beast? Should hold speed better than what was on there before.

Oddjob

How’re you finding the fork compared to the fox?

Liking those tyres more than what you had last I saw this beast? Should hold speed better than what was on there before.
Good. It's definitely stiffer but I don't know how much of that is placebo. I have it pumped up to 250 psi now.

Tyres are ok but still a bit buzzy. Might invest in some Maxxis dth.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Good. It's definitely stiffer but I don't know how much of that is placebo. I have it pumped up to 250 psi now.

Tyres are ok but still a bit buzzy. Might invest in some Maxxis dth.

Schwalbe table tops. When I eventually wear out my KHE’s I’ll go back to them. Better on dirt than the dth’s. And lighter.

Dth’s aren’t bad, but I rate the schwalbes more.

The bike looks heaps better with circus’s. Placebo be damned, it’s worth it just for aesthetics.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The table top is pretty versatile. I've some dth in the shed I haven't tried yet. Looks like they'll roll to the shops a little faster than the table tops.

Oddjob

Schwalbe table tops. When I eventually wear out my KHE’s I’ll go back to them. Better on dirt than the dth’s. And lighter.

Dth’s aren’t bad, but I rate the schwalbes more.

The bike looks heaps better with circus’s. Placebo be damned, it’s worth it just for aesthetics.
Circuses!? None of that povo 30mm stanchion action here. They be 34mm Mattocs with hydraulic bottom out control bab-ee.

Ok will look into table tops but I'm not keen on Schwalbes generally.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've used schwalbe quite a bit. While most of their gravity tyres are heavy and wear out pretty quick the table top is light weight and durable. There is/was a kevlar bead version as well if you really want to gram down. I trail ride on mine at 25-30psi over hard pack and lightly rocky surfaces and the hook up is great. Well unless there is a lot of dust or loose marbles. On a dirt jump surface like hornsby they are ideal. I went there a few weeks ago with a couple of mates. One had crazy bobs (another favourite tyre) and he was hiving trouble le getting good contact, especially while having a little lick of some trail. The other guy was on the small block 8. They provided good contact and reasonable rolling. He purchased those tyres off me a long while back. I used them for about 1-2 weeks and hated them. The noise on sealed surfaces irritated and I felt they rolled quite slowly.

Dmr have some tyres that are fun as well.

Have you got a bit of an idea where you're wanting to rode the bike mostly? If skate park and similar with no/sfa dirt then something like crazy Bob or dth will be sweet. If you want to use it on dirt table tops for the win.