Sram Eagle replacement cassette cogs?

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
I have bought a bike and the previous owner has used a 12 speed sram eagle 11-50 cassette and removed the 13 tooth cog and replaced the 11 tooth one with what is probably a 11 tooth from a 10 speed cassette to make it work as an 11 speed. It works ok but I would prefer to just convert it to 12 speed. I can't seen to find any replacement cogs anywhere and I suspect it is because sram want to sell me a whole cassette. Is that the case or is there somewhere that sell individual cogs?

Attachments

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I’ve only had four drinks and I have no idea what is going on here !

Why would they try to use a 12 speed cassette as an 11Speed? Is it an 11speed RD and shifter but they have hacked in a 12speed cassette?

Cog spacings look off in your photo but it could just be the perspective.

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Cog spacing are off for the 11th cog. That's right, the shifter is an 11 speed NX, the derailier a GX (11 or 12, I don't know sram stuff well), and the cassette is a Sram PG1230 12 speed. He worked in an ebike shop and I guess he had a near new cassette with a broken 11 or 13 tooth cog lying around that he has hacked for this bike.
Apart from a big jump from 15 to 11 tooth it has been working fine for the first few rides but is now shifting a bit rough an a bit fiddly to get right and keep right.

Shredden

Knows his goats
I'd suspect that most cassettes being tossed due to wear would be on a bigger cogs. Maybe try looking for a shagged one that you could pinch the smaller ones from?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Cog spacing are off for the 11th cog. That's right, the shifter is an 11 speed NX, the derailier a GX (11 or 12, I don't know sram stuff well), and the cassette is a Sram PG1230 12 speed. He worked in an ebike shop and I guess he had a near new cassette with a broken 11 or 13 tooth cog lying around that he has hacked for this bike.
Apart from a big jump from 15 to 11 tooth it has been working fine for the first few rides but is now shifting a bit rough an a bit fiddly to get right and keep right.
It's most likely the cadette but check out the b-bolt as that causes no end of issues with shifting apparently. @Haakon has a thread on here about it.

Edit. https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/gx-eagle-shitty-shifting-solved.315442/

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Thanks for all the info and suggestions, I have decided to just replace the cassette with a Sunrace one and sell it to someone who has stuffed the larger cogs. I have also replaced the Sram brakes, shifter and derailleur with the Shimano and Magura parts from the old bike. Sram stuff never seems to stay long on my bikes.