E-line the new French-line?

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think this thread is trying to capture the poor attitude of e bike riders. I had another experience with this today. I was down the park with my youngest and some idiot rides past blaring his old timer music, like we all want to hear it and sing along with him. It’s not woodstock dick head! I bet this bike, that looked like a levo, has never seen dirt. Get some headphones you stupid F and we can all live in harmony.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Get some headphones you stupid F and we can all live in harmony.
Headphoneless farkwittery is everywhere unfortunately. There is always someone that has to inflict their shit music choices on others, particularly on public transport.

Makes me want to declare jihad.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Anyonw too stupid to know not to play Thierry music or video out loud in public does not deserve to listen to music.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
yeah, no sympathy for the music broadcast brigade..they are dickheads
but getting back on topic, the trails aren't getting chopped up pacifically by ebikers, its just that Ebikes have now pushed the age and ability of riders well past what used to be considered normal, resulting in many more riders continuing to ride well into their 60's and more people taking up the sport again after many years off the bike.
if its one consolation, more riders means more exposure and more notice taken buy local councils and governments hopefully resulting in better funding for facilities and trail builds.
we all ride bike too you know!

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No better way to unite a sport than having a unfit 60 yo blob emtber climb faster than Nino Schurter then claim they are riding a bicycle.. It’s just not cricket..

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
resulting in many more riders continuing to ride well into their 60's
That’s not what I’m seeing out on the trails. It’s mainly people in their 40s, often carrying a bit of extra girth earned at the pub.

I’m all for the application of ebikes for seniors and the less able, fantastic to get them out enjoying the bush.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
The eDude on Sundy was ya fat 40 year old. Nowhere near 60. He passed me in the climb easy peasy. He gave me the look. No words, no acknowledgment. I couldn’t imagine him riding without the eBattery. Maybe that’s a positive. Still sucked that he didn’t connect.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I think this thread is trying to capture the poor attitude of e bike riders.
yep..but people in glass houses!
this thread has just become another shit slinging match like every other rotorburn 'Us vs Them' thread
sure there are dickheads on Ebikes cutting corners, but to also say that others without ebikes couldn't possibly doing such activities is so ignorant and ridiculous.
I have had trail side chats to both E and regular cyclists, and all have been pleasant conversation, maybe its you rude pricks that don't or aren't willing to stop for a chat that are also causing some of this animosity?
unfortunately for you lot, we aren't going away, and the bike industry is on our side!
its another good example of Evolve or die!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Evolve or die!
My MTB evolution lately has been seeing how fast I can do downhill runs without pedalling. Ever since I saw the Aaron Gwin chainless win I've been fascinated with it. Motors are a devolution to me, less is more.

I noticed at Stromlo one of the big cut lines that recently established really quickly has been blocked. I can think of a handful of others that need some rocks placed strategically.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Hopefully it'll evolve to a point where e-mtb's are GPS locked to only allow pedal assists on fire roads and tarmac like some supercars have their top speeds gps limited to race tracks. I honestly don't see anything wrong with using one to shuttle yourself up to the top.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I noticed at Stromlo one of the big cut lines that recently established really quickly has been blocked. I can think of a handful of others that need some rocks placed strategically.
I have been riding mountain bikes since the late 80's, long before e-anything, and this was common practice even back then!
your point?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
What we need is another wheelsize so we can all concentrate on being dicks to the people that ride those. Anyone remember how many trails were destroyed by 29ers?

I still sit on the fence with ebikers. I ride with a few that are great people and cop the abuse with a smile. Seriously though, the abuse is very real and absolutely incessant. If an ebikers appears to have a chip on their shoulder it's probably because your the 473rd person to call them a cheater today.

But then there's the other demographic that didn't ride a proper MTB first and didn't earn their speed and most importantly, have not the slightest idea how to behave on trails. The behaviour is usually something you learn while being slower than literally everyone, but these guys are rocking up with nil experience and flogging experienced riders up hills.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk