What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
What brought you to pull it out @kten ? Just going back to air for a comparison, or something you didn't like with the coil conversion?
The smashpot is sensational, no other word for it, really is excellent.

I'm keen to try the smashpot in a lyrik.....also keen to try a Mezzer for something different.

See the pattern here?lol never satisfied

Fox 36 will be up for sale shortly to fund this obsession. Smashpot won't be up for sale for a while...if anyone is on the fence about the Smashpot just do it. It is fantastic. Although I will say I did notice the bike was lighter when I put it on the roof this morning after going back to air....didn't notice the weight difference at all on the ride though.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The smashpot is sensational, no other word for it, really is excellent.

I'm keen to try the smashpot in a lyrik.....also keen to try a Mezzer for something different.

See the pattern here?lol never satisfied

Fox 36 will be up for sale shortly to fund this obsession. Smashpot won't be up for sale for a while...if anyone is on the fence about the Smashpot just do it. It is fantastic. Although I will say I did notice the bike was lighter when I put it on the roof this morning after going back to air....didn't notice the weight difference at all on the ride though.
You're unhelpful, I'm trying to find reasons not to buy a Smashpot! (The little extra weight doesn't bother me...)

Would you agree with all the reviews saying better midstroke support and small bump?

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
You're unhelpful, I'm trying to find reasons not to buy a Smashpot! (The little extra weight doesn't bother me...)

Would you agree with all the reviews saying better midstroke support and small bump?
Nah it's shit mate. Total waste of money. Talk about blowing through the travel. Small bump compliance is tops...but it's like an american built car, all wallowy n shit.

Don't read any further if you want to keep your credit card intact:p

To compare the 140 smashpot with the 160 air with luftkappe today on a very short ride (not a great comparison I know but yeah)

The smaller travel coil felt more controlled and the amount of travel felt equal to the 160. Getting the spring rate correct is the critical thing with coil, get it right and the support it gives you is just right, get it wrong and not so much. I'm about 88kgs with my riding gear on and the 55lb spring on the 140 travel is good for general trail riding. I do have a 60lb spring and that would suit me for racing on the 140 travel. Heaps of support throughout the travel but with buckets of compliance....sounds goood doesn't it lol

I also noticed more hand fatigue today on the air fork during and at the end of the trails. It just isn't as smooth as the coil, something I noticed quite quickly today. The hydraulic bottom out is outstanding and just gets on with it's job with zero fuss and no harshness when going deep in the travel which is frequent on the lesser travel. A 160mm smashpot I think would be sensational.

Going from air to smashpot is a big change. Going from the smashpot back to air feels like a bigger change after getting used to the plushness. Combined with the modified damper the coil works exceptionally well, not really any negatives apart from the weight.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought a new Geometron g16 frame.

Was talking to one of the boys at geometron who was selling a secondhand frame on pinkbike. Arranged to buy it and waited for the invoice over the weekend, it was also listed on eBay and sold before they prepared the invoice.

So they honoured the price offered for the secondhand frame and are sending me a new one.

Raw with orange extra love kit.

I am super stoked. After riding the the Marino frame I have totally subscribed to the long, low and slack geometry. Decided to sell my 27.5 frame and change it out to this.

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

Was talking to one of the boys at geometron who was selling a secondhand frame on pinkbike. Arranged to but it and waited for the invoice over the weekend, it was also listed on eBay and sold before they prepared the invoice.

So they honoured the price offered for the secondhand frame and are sending me a new one.

I am super stoked. After riding the the Marino frame I have totally subscribed to the long, low and slack geometry. Decided to sell my 27.5 frame and change it out to this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I'd be lying if I said I was surprised.

creaky

XMAS Plumper

Was talking to one of the boys at geometron who was selling a secondhand frame on pinkbike. Arranged to buy it and waited for the invoice over the weekend, it was also listed on eBay and sold before they prepared the invoice.

Sorry, are you saying you’re / yaw / yor / your selling that Marino already ?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry, are you saying you’re / yaw / yor / your selling that Marino already ?
Not at this stage. I dunno if I want to run the g16 as a 29er or 27.5. I sold my evil insurgent frame to swap to the geometron and remain revenue neutral.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not entirely sure why, perhaps trouble sleeping, but at about 1am I decided to change the crank over on one of my bikes. It was a surpringly painless process. New crank is glossy where as old crank was flat. I'll get used to it...eventually. I decided to load up the pedal axles with fresh grease while I was at it. Aside from dropping one very freshly greased axle onto the shed floor that also went smoothly. This early morning bike mechanics might become a thing.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Is there an Au distributor for this yet?
Also assuming the usd shipping was included in the $475 - being to lazy to confirm for myself....

Would really pay for a 10x buy making it about $400 per groupset
Yup $475 to your door.
MTBD stocks some box items so I imagine they'll get the Prime 9 in.