2009 Peugeot Partner 1.6 Diesel Van

Flow-Rider

Burner
He did, Online parts for cars are a nightmare, other than oil and maybe belts I wouldn't waste my time. The old Pugets were ok, new pugets are junk and I don't think Dman does self services.

moorey

call me Mia
Moorey said it was grunty and economical and parts were cheap so long as you didn’t buy them from a dealer.
I think you took a few liberties.
I had to track down and some order parts from the UK....others, the wife just paid/overpaid for through dealer servicing.

It’s was a 2.5lt family estate, not a 1.6lt commercial vehicle.

Yes it was comfy and economical. It’s very different from what’s being discussed.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I got offered a job at a Pug dealership in 2010, I actually went in for the interview and while I was waiting 2 customers went into reception and let them have it. One car had just been serviced and the dash lights went crazy and the other was a recurring loose flywheel rivets where the crank is riveted to the flywheel, the crank, flywheel and clutch needed to be replaced as one unit. Principle dealer said it was an everyday issue.

There's some parts you can't buy aftermarket either and they sting you a fortune for them. Not a car I would ever own, even if you can source the parts from overseas, they take weeks to get here.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I think you took a few liberties.
I had to track down and some order parts from the UK....others, the wife just paid/overpaid for through dealer servicing.

It’s was a 2.5lt family estate, not a 1.6lt commercial vehicle.

Yes it was comfy and economical. It’s very different from what’s being discussed.
And I can give the phone numbers of three places in Melbourne alone that sell those parts you went OS for cheaper and will overnight post them if you’re not in Melbourne...

It still seems like it was just being ripped off you didn’t like about it? Solution - don’t get ripped off...

Commercial version no different, most the same parts underneath as in the passenger variety anyway.

Haakon

I got offered a job at a Pug dealership in 2010, I actually went in for the interview and while I was waiting 2 customers went into reception and let them have it. One car had just been serviced and the dash lights went crazy and the other was a recurring loose flywheel rivets where the crank is riveted to the flywheel, the crank, flywheel and clutch needed to be replaced as one unit. Principle dealer said it was an everyday issue.

There's some parts you can't buy aftermarket either and they sting you a fortune for them. Not a car I would ever own, even if you can source the parts from overseas, they take weeks to get here.
Single mass flywheel conversions common. An issue with all brands, dual mass flywheels very common.

I get tired of this whole thing. It’s just a bloody car, it’s not it’s fault the dealers/importers are fuckwits and ripoff merchants.

Objecting to buying parts online from overseas is a bit odd on a forum full of bike riders... just think of eurocarparts.com like wiggle.

moorey

call me Mia
And I can give the phone numbers of three places in Melbourne alone that sell those parts you went OS for cheaper and will overnight post them if you’re not in Melbourne...

It still seems like it was just being ripped off you didn’t like about it? Solution - don’t get ripped off...

Commercial version no different, most the same parts underneath as in the passenger variety anyway.
I have issues with pretty much everything you just said.

Haakon

Crank riveted to the flywheel...? Are you sure about that?

Haakon

I have issues with pretty much everything you just said.
Ok, genuinely confused. Was it just parts pricing or was it something else you didnt like about performance or function of the car?

What was wrong with it that couldn’t be solved by parts being on hand?

Haakon

Yep that's what he said.
Ah. A dealer said it... Happy to be corrected, but I don’t believe that one. Dual mass flywheels are something that’s considered a service part, it get ditched with a clutch replacement.

No manufacturer would make you take an engine out and replace a crankshaft for that service repair.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, shit car. Good thing you sold it :;
We paid $18k for it when 3 years old. Over next 2.5years It’s developed numerous ‘small’ issues that we tolerated, until it became time to get a bigger vehicle. Were quoted $5-7k for a RWC at 2 different places. The small issues weren’t small in fixing costs (such as ABS on one wheel triggering an intermittent warming, though it was seemingly working fine...They tried to repair, couldn’t, was told whole ABS would need replacing for RWC).
This was one of numerous things that added up to the car being essentially worthless, though body and interior were near immaculate, and was pretty low km. We couldn’t justify/afford the cost of repairs, so traded it in for $3000.
Feel free to tell me you’re an awesome mechanic, and I’m an idiot that could have done it myself for a lot less. Wasn’t gunna happen.
You’re blinded by your frog love, I’m jaded by am expensive learning experience. I’ll never buy another, even if it got 2000km out of a tank.

Haakon

We paid $18k for it when 3 years old. Over next 2.5years It’s developed numerous ‘small’ issues that we tolerated, until it became time to get a bigger vehicle. Were quoted $5-7k for a RWC at 2 different places. The small issues weren’t small in fixing costs (such as ABS on one wheel triggering an intermittent warming, though it was seemingly working fine...They tried to repair, couldn’t, was told whole ABS would need replacing for RWC).
This was one of numerous things that added up to the car being essentially worthless, though body and interior were near immaculate, and was pretty low km. We couldn’t justify/afford the cost of repairs, so traded it in for $3000.
Feel free to tell me you’re an awesome mechanic, and I’m an idiot that could have done it myself for a lot less. Wasn’t gunna happen.
You’re blinded by your frog love, I’m jaded by am expensive learning experience. I’ll never buy another, even if it got 2000km out of a tank.
No, I think it sounds like you’re just yet another victim of Australian mechanics without a clue who are happy to blame the car for their own inability to fix it.