For Moorey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Nope because its bullshit.

If animal welfare was your main concern then the meat industries pale in comparison to the problems caused by irrigated agriculture in Australia.

More broadly the soya bean and palm oil industries are responsible for untold animal suffering.

This is before you get to the pointlessness of individual action in dealing with most societal problems.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Murder is worse than assault and battery but that doesn't make assault and battery OK.
It is possible to dislike more than one thing. Including people that think individual action does nothing.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Read the original cartoon again, old bean.
I read the comic and it's still bullshit. I'm just pissed that you gave us that sob story and just stood by, vegan or not.

moorey

call me Mia
I’ll try to make my stance clear, @Oddjob, seeing you jump to many conclusions about my motives and morals.

-I choose not to eat, wear or use animal products, because I value all sentient life, and don’t feel I need animals to get by.

-I’m not doing it for environmental reasons..but there’s overwhelming evidence it is more sustainable than a meat based diet.

-I tend not to preach about what I choose to do. If people ask, I’m happy to discuss. I’m not sure I’ve ever raised it on here, though it’s often discussed.

-I’m not judging you for your dietary or lifestyle choices. There’s plenty else better to judge you on.

-I’m not going to argue with you/others about which is better for the environment or our bodies.

-I feel better about myself for the choice I’ve made, but don’t particularly care what others do.

-people getting defensive and aggressive about what I choose to do...because it triggers something in them....is the funniest shit it town.

-saying ‘I know farmers/vets etc is like saying you can’t be racist coz you have a black friend.

Love you.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I had a similar youth as Hakkon, slaughtering cows for food with my grandfather. Makes you appreciate the sanctity of life a whole lot more.

Still, we need some humour.

moorey

call me Mia
I had a similar youth as Hakkon, slaughtering cows for food with my grandfather. Makes you appreciate the sanctity of life a whole lot more.

Still, we need some humour.
As did I. Raised on a farm in a small country town. Meat every meal...much of which I helped butcher. Hunting, shooting and killing were just what you did.
I’ve seen both sides. It was definitely an influence on my choices as an adult.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I’ll try to make my stance clear, @Oddjob, seeing you jump to many conclusions about my motives and morals.

-I choose not to eat, wear or use animal products, because I value all sentient life, and don’t feel I need animals to get by.

-I’m not doing it for environmental reasons..but there’s overwhelming evidence it is more sustainable than a meat based diet.

-I tend not to preach about what I choose to do. If people ask, I’m happy to discuss. I’m not sure I’ve ever raised it on here, though it’s often discussed.

-I’m not judging you for your dietary or lifestyle choices. There’s plenty else better to judge you on.

-I’m not going to argue with you/others about which is better for the environment or our bodies.

-I feel better about myself for the choice I’ve made, but don’t particularly care what others do.

-people getting defensive and aggressive about what I choose to do...because it triggers something in them....is the funniest shit it town.

-saying ‘I know farmers/vets etc is like saying you can’t be racist coz you have a black friend.

Love you.
-I honestly don't care what anyone eats. Except this girl who spat out the best sushi in Sydney on a date, fucking philistine.

-I hate cowboy farmers who treat animals like crap. They should always be reported, even if no immediate action is taken the reports form a record.

-There's nothing funny about overloaded/inhimane animal transports ever. The live export trade is an ongoing national disgrace.

-I was making the point that everyone I know involved with animal husbandry feels the same way. So the 'not all Russians were communists' analogy fits better.

Love you too man. Maybe a bit homo. Hifi you're too xc for my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.