Hope Bore cap tool

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Has anybody got one of these that I can borrow for a week or 2?

I purchased one from Wiggle, but they sent out the wrong one, and now it's taken weeks for it to be returned to the UK for replacement.
They gave me some bullshit that it won't leave Aust until the pallet is full, and it may take up to 4 weeks before they receive it and the replacement can be processed
For fuck sake, its a $12 tool, just send another one you tight arsed poms....must be a Scotsman running the returns dept! :mad:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
has this been done sucessfully
I read a few other forum posts where peeps have done this, and have reported that the alloy is some sort of metal/chewing gum hybrid and soft as Fcuk, easily fingered by ham fisted bike enthusiast's..would rather not!
but open to suggestions

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Has anybody got one of these that I can borrow for a week or 2?
View attachment 355788
I purchased one from Wiggle, but they sent out the wrong one, and now it's taken weeks for it to be returned to the UK for replacement.
They gave me some bullshit that it won't leave Aust until the pallet is full, and it may take up to 4 weeks before they receive it and the replacement can be processed
For fuck sake, its a $12 tool, just send another one you tight arsed poms....must be a Scotsman running the returns dept! :mad:
I have one. Send me your address and I'll post it to you. Unless you live in Sydney.... then I can meet you if that's quicker.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I used a plastic Shimano crank tool on my E4’s. worked a treat.
I never even thought of that, so I went out and tried it just then
well I'll be fucked it fitted, but mine must be that tight that I ended up shagging that plastic tool too!
no great loss, as I haven't had shimano cranks for about 6 years.
if there was a metal version of the same tool, i think it would work well.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, i'd be keen on that option
do you have the file thinghy to print from?
Yep, sure do. Not sure how well it will work if the moulded plastic Shimano doodad broke though. Worth a shot I guess, will print a couple tonight and see how they come out.