New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Local facebook mtb page has been promoting the trails a bit in the last week - they're now up to 11k in crowdfunding.......hmm

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
So nobody will legitimately invest until they have the relevant approvals. Seems sensible.

Enter crowd funding stage right.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is just a fascinating saga that I now can’t stop thinking about.

• December 2018 the project is announced – its super-secret for some unknown reason.

• There is a “VIP60” group at this launch who appear to be include mtb event organisers, MTB shop owners, even local mtb club representatives.

• I’ll guess the VIP60 have all put in a nominal amount of $ towards the project because if it is up and running, they will do well out of it. ………but none of this group is either willing or able to put any decent capital towards the project.

• Not much happens after the launch……. Potential riders know nothing of what is going on

• Crowdfunding starts June 2019. Appears to be no obligation on how they will spend this money.

• People in this thread and my local MTB FB page who are “in the know” saying it is going to be epic, and don’t be so negative……..but also unwilling to give any details. This raises big red flags for me.

• My opinion - anyone who is “in the know” and is encouraging us punters to contribute to this crowdfunding is committing fraud since the evidence points to us never seeing that money ever again.

Actually, scrap that last point...... this in their FAQ has put my mind at ease:

Q6.
    THIS IS AN EPIC PROJECT FOR SYNERGY TRAILS ! CAN THEY INCREASE THEIR CAPACITY TO PLAN AND DELIVER THIS BIKE PARK?

Absolutely!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Like we dont have some of the best beaches in the world on the coast..
Surely no tourists travel around the country/world to surf in a fuck'n fake lake. Seems like a false position to say something like that would actually bring people to the area. Rather, they may visit a facility like that if they are already going to be there for the natural surf.

Dumb politicians.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's not surfing -or wake-boarding for that matter- no surf or wake, that's just being a douche.
He is wearing a full face helmet so what ever he is doing it is full enduroo!

Wave pools are a must for modern life on the coast, who has time to wait for nature to give us waves.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
He is wearing a full face helmet so what ever he is doing it is full enduroo!

Wave pools are a must for modern life on the coast, who has time to wait for nature to give us waves.
Not quite full endurobro yet...no bum bag, but he is a bit matchy matchy.

I thought all that type on the Central Coast had one of these to terrorise everyone else on the lake with.