What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jpez

Down on the left!
How much did you drop your tyre pressures by?
I was incredibly unscientific with it. I normally run about 26ish. I left it at that because i wanted to see what it would feel like but It was pinging off rocks more than I would like so dropped it a bit on the trail and then it was magic.

Edit. Just went and checked it. 22psi. Pretty blown away. 22 with out the CC would have gotten me a puncture within 10m up at Maldon.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Tonight was minimal distance rides... with a 3 metre ride being the maximum. I was aiming for a personal worst, with the slowest possible time over the most iddy biddy distance in my workshop. I’m weirdly supremely crap at going trackstandingly slow, but had a couple of good ones, where I managed extreme slowness. I’d swap between Kermit and Kev, thinking that I was way better on the incoming bike... but I’m pretty sure I was imagining it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’d believe it! Watched him attack Shannon’s gap at Cressy like an 80kg adult not a 13 year old man child! Seriously impressed.

Fit it! It will change your life! Not really but it is good.

moorey

call me Mia
I’ve only got the one...came cheap with other stuff....probably wouldn’t buy a second at this point. Better use on his occasionally ridden DH, or his daily ridden Process?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Process. DH bike has DH casings and heavier rims it can cope. The process probably needs all the help it can get!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Not overly exciting but got an additional roof mounted rack. Been getting by with my 10 year old tow ball mounted rack, but now with 3 of us in the family riding I need to carry more bikes. Impressed with this 2nd gen Proride. Diagonal ratcheting straps for the wheels look a lot easier to get into.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Not overly exciting but got an additional roof mounted rack. Been getting by with my 10 year old tow ball mounted rack, but now with 3 of us in the family riding I need to carry more bikes. Impressed with this 2nd gen Proride. Diagonal ratcheting straps for the wheels look a lot easier to get into.

View attachment 355935
Is this for the Commencal?

My biggest issue is the location of the clamp not really lining up on my Santa Cruz. Wielding a large frame at 14kg can be a bit awkward when it doesn’t line up straight away and that’s on level ground. On a slope would be a nightmare.
Luckily i got a Yakima front loader and use it more for my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BT180

Max Pfaff
Is this for the Commencal?

My biggest issue is the location of the clamp not really lining up on my Santa Cruz. Wielding a large frame at 14kg can be a bit awkward when it doesn’t line up straight away and that’s on level ground. On a slope would be a nightmare.
Luckily i got a Yakima front loader and use it more for my bike.

Yeah, for my bike mostly, but can also fit mine on the rear rack and chuck one of the kids up top if i need to. I've thrown my bike on the roof of other cars with the previous Proride and it fits fine. I just need to be careful of the cables as the exit the downtube right next to where it clamps. Those Yakimas look great, but I bought this one 2nd hand at the right price.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Been working on the LaPierre 29er to get it ready for a summer of riding, riding, and more riding.

• New gear cable
  • Removed cranks in preparation of servicing bottom bracket
  • Watched a video on how to do so, got as far as being shown the $300 worth of fluids and tools and shit I'd need to do it properly, said heck that and decided to live with a slight grittiness when the cranks spin freely. There's no play or creaking, so I'll leave well enough alone for now.
  • Gave the crank splines a good clean and re-grease before reinstallation, as well as cleaning the chainring thoroughly in preparation for
  • New chain (see Confessions...for further details)
  • New brake pads on the rear
  • Discovered rear mech had come loose from its hanger; re-tightened same
  • Discovered collar on dropper post was loose; tightened same. Hopefully this will get rid of the annoying creaking from the seat area
Swapped the Hans Dampf on the rear for a Nobby Nic, just to see if I can get away with a bit less tyre on the rear now that I have a wider rim to put it on.

Now to get the Sight back from its full suspension service and install the new PNW dropper, totaly unnecessary blue blingy seat post clamp, and new orange Ergon grips.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Yeah, for my bike mostly, but can also fit mine on the rear rack and chuck one of the kids up top if i need to. I've thrown my bike on the roof of other cars with the previous Proride and it fits fine. I just need to be careful of the cables as the exit the downtube right next to where it clamps. Those Yakimas look great, but I bought this one 2nd hand at the right price.
I got the the proride new first and the Yakima second hand later. I wish I had just gotten the Yakima to start with.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Was so bloody nice out I decided to pull apart wifeys craftworks today, service all 2 of the bearings, and give it a cheeky respray...

Pulled apart -

An intimate rubdown and some black paint -

3 coats of colour shift, looking good -

2 coats of clear, really brings out that colour shift! -

Super happy with how this has turned out, the black looked great, but this looks bloody amazing. Photos don't do the shift justice, it's a brilliant finish.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk