The QUICK question thread.....

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Unless you are towards the rebound adjustment range in the current shock, you should still be fine with rebound setting.

Assuming this is a fox float (or similar) the additional compression damping may be welcome if you are on the heavier end of the spectrum. But if a light rider who prefers ‘comfort’ settings for your suspension then you may be disappointed.
The settings in this situation would all be set to the middle. Just trying to get my head around what difference I should expect to feel on the bike.

So going from L to M in rebound tune shifts the range of possible settings?
eg
L = 1 to 6
M = 3 to 8
H = 5 to 10

creaky

XMAS Plumper
The settings in this situation would all be set to the middle. Just trying to get my head around what difference I should expect to feel on the bike.

So going from L to M in rebound tune shifts the range of possible settings?
eg
L = 1 to 6
M = 3 to 8
H = 5 to 10
You still get the 10 (or whatever) clicks, just the range shifts one way. How much it shifts would vary from model to model and year to year.

Most aftermarket shocks seem to be MM. You can generally get them retuned but NSDynamics etc. if necessary.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Hey folks, so I think it's time for a new drive train as I'm dropping chain on the NW ring alot - I need to get a new cassette and the current one is 11-42 with a 30T chain ring.

I thinking to go the 11-46, running medium xt cage which I've read will be just fine. Where the hell is @duckmeister when you need him??

Question, is anyone running this on a 1x11 or 1x10 set up really notice the extra 4 teeth in low range between the 42 and 46 cog?

I only use the 42cog when it's a really long grind and most other times just toughen up a little and push the next cog (37T) and barely notice the jump between 37 and 42 even.

Sounds like I'm answering my own question...... run a 32 chain ring and go the 11-46 and maybe, just maybe I might spin over 60kph :)

Thoughts or ridicule welcome....
46t over 42t is great when the hurt kicks in at the long end of an hours climb.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
If I go from an LL tune to MM tune shock on a progressive frame, what changes should I expect?
Assume both shock models are identical and PSI/settings are the same.
You will have more hsc and hsr. Shouldn't change psi but may mean less tokens to reach full travel and less lsc and lsr to get the bike to where you want it. You may tun out of adjustment if you are a lighter rider.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I've been eyeing off a frame for a year, and not once has it gone on sale. I'm struggling to handle the concept of paying a retail price. What does one do?

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
You still get the 10 (or whatever) clicks, just the range shifts one way. How much it shifts would vary from model to model and year to year.
Most aftermarket shocks seem to be MM. You can generally get them retuned but NSDynamics etc. if necessary.
Ahh gotcha. Awesome

You will have more hsc and hsr. Shouldn't change psi but may mean less tokens to reach full travel and less lsc and lsr to get the bike to where you want it. You may tun out of adjustment if you are a lighter rider.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Makes sense. Fortunately for me ... I enjoy cake, chips and bevs.

The real life situation is that I'll be going from a LL Super Deluxe RCT to a MM Super Deluxe coil WC.
Obviously the change from air to coil will be more noticeable than the change in tune ... but was always curious what it meant and the noticeable difference it would translate to

safreek

Hi guys, looking at some E13 cranks but need a bb, saw a cheap bb at crc but it mentions that no wave washers or spindle spacersare included. Are these necessary. Photo included

safreek

Cheering, thanks guys, you saved me my money.
I bought an aldi bike tool kit (am I a tool?) that apparently has a shimmy bb tool. Seems to be many tools that I have nfi what they do

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheering, thanks guys, you saved me my money.
I bought an aldi bike tool kit (am I a tool?) that apparently has a shimmy bb tool. Seems to be many tools that I have nfi what they do
The Aldi bike kit will keep you out of trouble on the most part for generic tooling around.