Squeaky Crank Brothers Eggbeaters

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Always curious and Pushys are running them out cheap. What model are yours?
You would want the Xc6. All the wizz bang features without the carbon price tag.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
You would want the Xc6. All the wizz bang features without the carbon price tag.

Too late. Bought a set of the MX2s to try and I don't understand if you're a lardass or me?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Too late. Bought a set of the MX2s to try and I don't understand if you're a lardass or me?
Sorry mate, Wednesday/Thursdays after 3pm are stupid busy for me.

Short answer is mine are effing ancient.

The MX2s look to be exactly what I'm running right now, composite body, simple spring mechanism. For 50 clams you won't be disappointed. My other two pairs have the alloy body.

The Candys were good in mud, but Atacs blow them away. You need to be in full on sticky clay for it to be an issue, and even then just wiggle your foot and it will lock in.

DMan

Sorry mate, Wednesday/Thursdays after 3pm are stupid busy for me.

Short answer is mine are effing ancient.

The MX2s look to be exactly what I'm running right now, composite body, simple spring mechanism. For 50 clams you won't be disappointed. My other two pairs have the alloy body.

The Candys were good in mud, but Atacs blow them away. You need to be in full on sticky clay for it to be an issue, and even then just wiggle your foot and it will lock in.
Cool! Looking forward to trying them!

DMan

Sounds like the bearings have had it. You can get a refresh kit. https://www.chainreactioncycles.com...suSREQJdYA1XPWgWKZcGXkXxGSED1cbIaAiZyEALw_wcB

If you haven't destroyed a clip spring yet maybe you are one of the chosen few that can own eggbeaters without problems. If you do destroy one and want a more reliable option with a similar level of float check out the Time Atac series.

This has been my exact experience. Time Atac will be the way forward
What float are you guys using on your Atacs? 13 or 17 degrees?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What float are you guys using on your Atacs? 13 or 17 degrees?
Been using 13 for ages but considering 17 to allow my angle on the feet when turning.

DMan

Been using 13 for ages but considering 17 to allow my angle on the feet when turning.

Realised that the pedals I bought come with 'easy' cleats so only 10 degree release. But I think the float is the same between all the cleats? Only the release angle changes depending on how you have the cleats.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Realised that the pedals I bought come with 'easy' cleats so only 10 degree release. But I think the float is the same between all the cleats? Only the release angle changes depending on how you have the cleats.
I thought float angle and release angle were the same thing?

Either way, I'm fortunate enough that it doesn't bother my knees anyway.

Now that I've had a look, there's a good chance I've put my cleats on backwards.......

Moral of the story, if you have any problems with Atacs, it's probably operator error!

DMan

I thought float angle and release angle were the same thing?

Either way, I'm fortunate enough that it doesn't bother my knees anyway.

Now that I've had a look, there's a good chance I've put my cleats on backwards.......

Moral of the story, if you have any problems with Atacs, it's probably operator error!
Not necessarily. 13 degrees and 17 degrees uses the same clear just flipped. 13 angled in, 17 angled out...