VIC Mountain Bike circuit in Quarry Park Footscray

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I was wrong.
Had a look this arvo and it looks pretty sweet. I hope they make some b lines because some of it looked way too big for me.

creole

Likes Bikes
The BERMS look so good there.
I read that july is the grand opening, as they are still awaiting trees and shubery and arty farty things that cost way too much

Shredden

Knows his goats
Where exactly is this? Is it just on the hill up behind the cricket club? Sounds pretty cool, might take the dog for a walk and have a look.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
The pump track is next to the clubrooms. The circuit is on the hill NW of the club. It's all fenced off still but a lot can be seen from outside the fence, when I was there a bit over a week ago you could see some massive piles of railway ballast that looked like it was going to be the core of some huge features.
Time permitting I'll get some shots in the next couple of days, I reckon they might let me in if I tell them the shots are for RB.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
There's a tonne of photos in the facebook group 'FootCXray A Cycling Skills Track for the Western Suburbs'

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Somebody left the gate open, I know it's not open but the tracks have settled in on most of it. Yes it's fun but wouldn't be surprised if I get bored with it pretty quick. The tracks are pretty short and doing the same climb over and over is going to get a bit dull.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Official opening at 11 tomorrow, demo bikes from Giant and a chance to abuse the mayor along with a bit of other crap.
Don't eat the council sausages though, you will regret it.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
i was more annoyed at over jumping and flat landing everything on my sighting run...even the pump track is somewhat small. there was some guys on skateboards there who were having a great time.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i was more annoyed at over jumping and flat landing everything on my sighting run...even the pump track is somewhat small. there was some guys on skateboards there who were having a great time.
yep everything seems a bit short, jumps are good but realmshort then you gave to hook a cnr, track is pretty narrow in parts, esp. the upntrack. the easy track was very slippery, lots of gravel & nothing to cnr against, some off camber too

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was down there today. Great job getting it all done. I know how hard it is dealing with the council.
The pump track is my favourite but the"xc" trails are fun for beginners.

Does anyone know is there is a maintenance plan in place for the descending trails as the berms are already getting a bit chewed up?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Anyone know if this is currently open? Planning to head down tomorrow for a brief spin.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Anyone know if this is currently open? Planning to head down tomorrow for a brief spin.
Yep it's open, have been doing laps on the xc bike in lieu of driving anywhere to ride MTB.

The pump track is "closed" in that there are signs up saying piss off (guess they classify it as a skate park) but still constantly full of kids in the afternoons.