Bargain buys thread

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Didn't work for me, no code received.
It seems that you need to imply that you already have one. I think it is a loyalty reward thing. I asked about if they were going to do the trade up deal in Australia (they are not) and then winged about the weak Aussie dollar and they gave me the code. It wasn't through tech support but through sales.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Which section did you click on? What to buy? Tech support?
Sales support I think, I just asked some questions about SD card compatibility and capacity, slo-mo recording, then said I was hoping to be able to get one soon.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
It seems that you need to imply that you already have one. I think it is a loyalty reward thing. I asked about if they were going to do the trade up deal in Australia (they are not) and then winged about the weak Aussie dollar and they gave me the code. It wasn't through tech support but through sales.
Sales support I think, I just asked some questions about SD card compatibility and capacity, slo-mo recording, then said I was hoping to be able to get one soon.
Will give it another crack tomorrow.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I know, 26 is dead, especially for dh because 29 is king right?

But these are a flat out bargain from cycling deal if you're still running old outdated wheelsizes like me

I was going to build a wheelset, but this cost me what my hubs did so I've pulled the pin on that for now. Nice clikky hub, big solid rims, straight pull spokes.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia

But these are a flat out bargain from cycling deal if you're still running old outdated wheelsizes like me

I was going to build a wheelset, but this cost me what my hubs did so I've pulled the pin on that for now. Nice clikky hub, big solid rims, straight pull spokes.

28 spoke for a DH wheelset.
Huge bags of nopes.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
28 spoke for a DH wheelset.
Huge bags of nopes.
Yeah, I hesitated for a tic because of that, but I can't see 4 spokes less being a big issue for me. They're a fairly sizable rim (32mm ext, 26mm int) and the spokes are straight pull 2mm/2.2mm butted. Time will tell, but I have high hopes that they'll be stronger than any of the old flow wheelsets I have, despite the lack of spokes.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

Odd match off standards front and rear.....

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Odd match off standards front and rear.....
Lol! Those guys have no idea with this wheelset. eBay listing was all different again, had some roadie stuff going from memory?

You made me look though, verniers tell me the rear is 150, this makes more sense than 142.

M4RT0

Likes Bikes
Lol! Those guys have no idea with this wheelset. eBay listing was all different again, had some roadie stuff going from memory?

You made me look though, verniers tell me the rear is 150, this makes more sense than 142.

I'm still living in the past with both my trail and DH bikes on 26.

I'm pretty curious to know what you think of these rims!?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I'm still living in the past with both my trail and DH bikes on 26.

I'm pretty curious to know what you think of these rims!?
You'll have to take my opinion with a grain of salt, because all I've done so far is open them.

They feel like a solid rim, wide enough for my purposes (26 internal and 32 external) and appear joined well.
Spokes are 2mm straight pull, tapered to 2.2mm at the hub. There's only 28 of them though, so no good for Moorey.
Freehub is steel, I prefer this, and clikkity-cliks like a hope hub.
Comes as 150x12 rear and 110x20 front - no idea if conversion caps are available.
No toobless though rim has little breather holes (I assume) around near edge. I doubt this will work well even if you could seal it, shape doesn't seem quite right for it.
Takes schrader, not presta, also a bummer.
Stickers look like they'll come off easily enough too, could be a plus.

I reckon they're a bargain at that price still. Would have liked toobless, but I'll deal with tubes on this build. If it ends up irking me that much I'll build a set of wheels down the track.