AM Found

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Any post Newcastle-relocation ride impressions on this beasty @Zaf ? Just read through the whole thread again and I'd be interested in hearing some thoughts on the bike now you're presumably in more winch-and-plummet type terrain...

Dreaming on how to spend my future dollars... ;)

beeb

Good to hear it's been seeing some East-coast action!

How do you find it on steep climbs, does it pedal-bob (I'm guessing slightly, but not enough to be upsetting...), or does having the weight so centralised keep things relatively calm?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Still loving the gearbox @Zaf?

Has there been any noticeable change in drag since you first started running it? How many KMs have you clocked up on it so far?

How is it going between this and back to a regular transmission?

Do you have issues changing under power like many people mention, or is it a matter of technique?

beeb

Still loving the gearbox @Zaf?

Has there been any noticeable change in drag since you first started running it? How many KMs have you clocked up on it so far?

How is it going between this and back to a regular transmission?

Do you have issues changing under power like many people mention, or is it a matter of technique?
Haha, I've been wondering exactly this over the last couple of weeks. I know what I want from geometry and love the idea of gearboxes, so could see something like a Zerode or Nicolai in my future - but the gearbox "ride feel" is still the great unknown.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I was thinking the other day you are overdue for a new bike & that something must have happened to get in the way.

beeb

The belt drive is a large part of the gearbox appeal for me, are the belts really as silent as you'd expect? I love a quiet bike!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
How did chain drive compare to the belt running and noise wise? And cost wise if you don't mind?