XC Training

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Anyone have a favourite plan for developing 2 minute power? I have the brute power to jump them off the line, and I can out ride them over 3 hours, it's just that little bit in the middle that's a bit deficient.
I'm going out on a limb here and say ... 2 minute all out intervals? Scientifically, I would also allow a 2 minute rest between efforts. Reduce this to 1 minute eventually if you survive.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I'd say 2 minute intervals with decreasing rests as a set
Warm up with easy 4-5 minutes, 30 second reps at 110-120rpm
120 on Max effort 120 off x5 ish
5 mins active recovery
120 on Max effort 90 off x 5 ish
5 mins active recovery
120 on Max effort 45 off x5
DEATH

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Disclaimer..

I just made the above program up.
I would consult with guides around targeting specific zones.
You should be able to go above threshold for 2 minutes at a time if you know that there's active recovery coming up, however too long in those zones (or too many trips there) will leave you in the hurt box early

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I just made the above program up
Mine too. You put in way too much effort.

Personally, I think the orange is the problem. If @Cardy George is off in the distance from the start, and he was wearing a discrete camo green kit then the bastards would never see him again. As it stands, he is visible from a kilometre away through the trees so they never give up chasing.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Mine too. You put in way too much effort.

Personally, I think the orange is the problem. If @Cardy George is off in the distance from the start, and he was wearing a discrete camo green kit then the bastards would never see him again. As it stands, he is visible from a kilometre away through the trees so they never give up chasing.
Lol. I agree. But all the locals except one watched me ride away from them in the 3 hour, which was where the orange photo was taken :D

Last club round saw us do 4 x 2km sprints with about 10 mins in between each race on Saturday afternoon, then a 6km time trial and a 20 min 'criterium' on Sunday morning. I was fine on Sunday, 3rd in the TT and 2nd in the crit, and I blitzed them all off the line in all four of Saturday race's, it was the second half of each sprint race where I struggled.