Newly Released Bikes General

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Norco Sight is out, super slack too!

I’ve been riding a prototype for a while now. I ingeniously hid it by putting ‘Transition Sentinel’ stickers on it.

;) Looks hot though

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interesting move to step away from the 'trail' bike origin in this fashion.
A 160/150mm bike for everyday pedaling is a fair bit of bike to lug around

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Optic is more appealing than the Sight now - I don't think trails are getting tougher (marketing line), not around here anyway.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Norco Sight is out, super slack too!

Why hello there... :)

Interesting move to step away from the 'trail' bike origin in this fashion.
A 160/150mm bike for everyday pedaling is a fair bit of bike to lug around
I think this really comes down to the bike. With the modern anti-squat tuning and progressive "forward" rider positioning, most pedal bob and sluggishness has been removed. Honestly - the Ripmo has been really surprising me with just how happy it is to be used JRA. To my mind the only disadvantage of the extra travel is it's not "poppy" (it can be tuned to be poppy, but it'll give a lot of feedback in rocks if you do). It's a very efficient pedaller either seated or standing, and I have geometry that works fine for me whether heading uphill or down (currently 64.4deg HA, 76deg seat angle). It sounds like it'd be an absolute sled, but it's actually very mild mannered (When it was 64deg HA it was very sleddy though). To my mind rear rim and tyre selection will have much more of an impact on efficiency than the amount of travel in modern high anti-squat designs.

HA on the 2020 sight might be just a touch too far for general trail riding IMO, but it's not as unmanageable as most people expect and holy smokes does it open up some line choices when descending.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I guess you can pay half as much for the same bike with a better STA now. Winning.
Nah, I'll keep the used frame I bought for half as much as a new one. It's obviously still bang on trend ;)

Shit stirring aside - I reckon the Sight looks great and is right in the sweet spot for a lot of riders.

moorey

call me Mia
The new sight is indeed hot. It looks like lots of other hot bikes. And a few not hot ones.
Still hot.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I am looking to get my boys a FS sometime next year, they were looking at Canyon Spectrals but I showed them the A3 yesterday and I'm pretty keen to get them from a local family owned bike shop.
Similar price and a good looking bike. We'll see come the new year, they wont be long till they are grown out of their Kona's.