New bike recommendations

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Currently riding a banshee spitfire, 27.5 140/160 travel, like how it jumps and rides most things well, feels a bit small and twitchy on super steep rough stuff.
And my other bike is a Nukeproof Scout 27.5 150mm travel, rides really well on the super steep stuff for a hardtail, doesn't jump aswell as the spitty.

After something that jumps well, feels confident on steep stuff and irons out the rough stuff pretty well if all of that is possible...

Been looking at the new 2020 Norco sight 29, nukeproof mega 27.5 or 29, canyon strive.

Any feedback on the new long travel 29ers after riding a smaller 27.5?
Can they jump well and still feel agile? aswell as the obvious benefits of ironing out the trail and straight line speed.

Checked some stores to look for demos today but no luck..

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Currently riding a banshee spitfire, 27.5 140/160 travel, like how it jumps and rides most things well, feels a bit small and twitchy on super steep rough stuff.
And my other bike is a Nukeproof Scout 27.5 150mm travel, rides really well on the super steep stuff for a hardtail, doesn't jump aswell as the spitty.

After something that jumps well, feels confident on steep stuff and irons out the rough stuff pretty well if all of that is possible...

Been looking at the new 2020 Norco sight 29, nukeproof mega 27.5 or 29, canyon strive.

Any feedback on the new long travel 29ers after riding a smaller 27.5?
Can they jump well and still feel agile? aswell as the obvious benefits of ironing out the trail and straight line speed.

Checked some stores to look for demos today but no luck..

New sight looks great.

Transition Sentinel pumps and jumps well, rails berms and irons out rough stuff. Generates a shit ton of speed and makes you more handsome too. Pretty sweet really.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
I have a Sight C2 on order but unfortunately cannot yet report on ride.

Current dually is a over shocked and forked Trance which is fun but yeah gets twitchy in the really fast steep stuff.

Hardtail is 150mm (160 as of yesterday but waiting for shaft to go 140) 27.5 hardtail.

Reach on the sight is 60mm longer than current bike. I expect it to be stable where I want it to be.

Flip666

Likes Dirt
I have a Sight C2 on order but unfortunately cannot yet report on ride.

Current dually is a over shocked and forked Trance which is fun but yeah gets twitchy in the really fast steep stuff.

Hardtail is 150mm (160 as of yesterday but waiting for shaft to go 140) 27.5 hardtail.

Reach on the sight is 60mm longer than current bike. I expect it to be stable where I want it to be.
Nice! Let me know once you've given it the big test.
On paper it looks good to me but I haven't really taken much notice of numbers til now

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My son just went from a 2019 Sight A2 27.5 Medium 140/160 travel to a 2020 Sight A2 29er Medium 150/160 travel. Early impression is it is better in everything except weight which was only noticable on long sustained fireroad climbs.
I think if you like the spitty you will love the Sight.

I have just gone from a Norco Range 27.5 to a Megatower 29er, the Mega actually feels lighter and more playful despite 29.
My Range was a beast on descents though, a true mini DH bike, but I think the Megatower will be a bit better all rounder still capable of light DH.

Flip666

Likes Dirt
My son just went from a 2019 Sight A2 27.5 Medium 140/160 travel to a 2020 Sight A2 29er Medium 150/160 travel. Early impression is it is better in everything except weight which was only noticable on long sustained fireroad climbs.
I think if you like the spitty you will love the Sight.

I have just gone from a Norco Range 27.5 to a Megatower 29er, the Mega actually feels lighter and more playful despite 29.
My Range was a beast on descents though, a true mini DH bike, but I think the Megatower will be a bit better all rounder still capable of light DH.
Awesome, thanks for the report! Sounds like a goer.
Does he jump a bit and any feedback as to if it feels a lot less poppy than the 27.5?
A big part (50%) of my riding is jumping so I would like it to do that real well

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the rear end suspension kinematics is more playful than the old Sight/Range design, so he felt it was more poppy. If airtime is a major thing I can't really comment, only a bit of playing at local kiddy sized bmx jumps last night is not enough to evaluate.
Maybe you would be better off on the 27.5 version for less rotating mass for airtime playing???
I personally suck at jumps and are much more plow than fly.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I went from a 26” 150mm bike to a 29” ‘new style geo’ 140mm bike and the 29” jumps heaps better.

it’s longer, slacker and a bit heavier which may play into it but essentially, it’s just a well sorted and well balanced bike that likes to go fast and jump. It will end badly one day but for now I’m just enjoying the ride

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated.
I called Yarra valley cycles, and they have a reign and process 29 demo, so will give those a spin and get a better idea of what's going on

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw a Reign 29 recently, albeit in carbon and it looked very nice indeed.

There's loads of lovely bikes to choose from. Take your time with it and enjoy!

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i would have thought words like these were a banning offence on this forum...or at least a bag of kangaroo dicks left in your letterbox

i went 29, have gone back to 27.5..it makes up for my riding deficiencies like really tight turns, short berms etc..am faster on 27.5

friend had a sight loved it, wished he didn’t sell it, regrets the SC he has now which cost near dbl. i’d love a nukeproof mega though