Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
??? - I think it’s called prominence or something, basically the degree it sticks up from the surrounding area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gangham pensum rings a bell? *Sir Ed told me wouldn't go near it as it gave him the heebies

*the what Sir Ed said part maybe a complete fabrication.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I’m giving it up as a free-for-all as a few of you have all answered at least one of them correctly.

for the record they are:
1: Mt Everest (or Chongalungma). 8848m above sea level so the Daddy when using traditional measurements.

2: Mauna Kea in Hawaii. 4207m from sea level but as it’s a volcano it’s base is on the sea bed giving it a height of 10200m

3: Mt Chimborazo in Ecuador. 6268m above sea level but because the earth bulges in the middle and it’s very close to the equator it’s actually the highest point on the planet if you are measuring from the centre of the earth.

nzhumpy

I’m giving it up as a free-for-all as a few of you have all answered at least one of them correctly.

for the record they are:
1: Mt Everest (or Chongalungma). 8848m above sea level so the Daddy when using traditional measurements.

2: Mauna Kea in Hawaii. 4207m from sea level but as it’s a volcano it’s base is on the sea bed giving it a height of 10200m

3: Mt Chimborazo in Ecuador. 6268m above sea level but because the earth bulges in the middle and it’s very close to the equator it’s actually the highest point on the planet if you are measuring from the centre of the earth.
Good question in the end.

Next question.

Highest unclimbed peak in the world? There's a massive hint up there^^

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Unclimbed=unconquered...Kenny Rogers has been all over them, Islands in the Streams inspiration

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Surely this deserves a covid reboot?

Who played the titular role of superman (and Clark kent) in the 1978 film Superman?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Ah, wrong century. All good, might read the question next time. I can picture the guy, no idea what his inside leg measurement was though.