What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yep, exactly the one! Need 4 hands and reverse gravity on one side to get that job done easily!

If you're putting on an Onza Ibex, then things will get really weird! :)
DHR II 2.4" going on the rear, and bumping up to a DHF 2.5" up front. Haven't run a DHR before, but hoping for a lottle more traction than the Aggressor currently on there given it's looking like it'll probably be pretty wet at Falls for the Igniton weekend.

Will have to catch up for a run or 2 at Ignition!
Definitely. Sounds good. :)

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At the extreme ends of the cassette, it sounds more like a limit screw setup issue than a shift gap issue, if it's working fine for the other gears.
If it’s at the extreme ends of the cassette, it is likely a shift gap issue.

If the derailleur is perfectly in line with the smallest cog, the cumulative effects of the 12 speed spacing will be most evident at the other end of the cassette.

If if the difference in the shift gaps is 0.1mm between 11 speed and 12 speed, that will equate to the derailleurs being 1.1mm out at the other end of the cassette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
DHR II 2.4" going on the rear, and bumping up to a DHF 2.5" up front. Haven't run a DHR before, but hoping for a lottle more traction than the Aggressor currently on there given it's looking like it'll probably be pretty wet at Falls for the Igniton weekend.
Always a good combo. I have just got an 2.5WT Assagai to try on the front to replace the DHF 2.5WT, the rear 2.4 DHRII is looking a little tired, might move the DHF to the rear (A decent rear tyre and feels faster rolling than a DHR as it has no dedicated braking knobs) and Assagai up front for Derby.... there wont be much left of the DHF after braking for15 days in Derby and 2 days in Maydena.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
A mate wanted me to look at his gears for him, also had a flat tyre. Couldn't fault the gears on the workstand so figured I'd unflat the tyre and put it under load. Ripped off the tyre and tube, holy shitsnacks!

Never seen this before, no dings or even wobbles to speak of either, just cracked down the guts...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I’ve cracked a rim, while mounting tubeless drunk, I inflated to 80 psi and put a bloody good crack in the rim. Sidewall peeled over like a gutter strike

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I've cracked a Spinergy rim like that, way back when. Only had the slightest bulge in the sidewall to give it away

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Holy crap. Review please! What bike?
New Hightower.

Please bear in mind I'm not racing and in the stages of recovery from neck surgery so it's not a 100% effort review in relation to velocity or big air time but here's what I've found so far.

In short, the Mezzer is still awesome. Best air fork I've tried. Period.

The Lyrik with the Avy damper...Mezzer still beat it (for my riding atm). The chassis stiffness of the Mezzer helps with tracking over rough stuff immensely and whilst the Lyrik is a stiff fork the Mezzer is a step above and gives more confidence in this regard.

The damping in the Avy seems firmer than the Mezzer in the car park test, almost too firm, but on the trail it eats the bumps extremely well. You can tell the Avy has been designed to go fast and the faster you go the more controlled it feels. At this point I would still take the Mezzer for my riding at this time...if I was racing I might lean towards the Avy for ultimate smashability.

The smashpot with the Avy in the Lyrik is as good as you would think. With other dampers I was running heavier spring rates to assist with compression but now I can lean on the damper for more control and am dropping to a 50lb spring (160mm travel) which will give more of that plushness coil is renowned for. I'll leave it there for now to get a couple of rides on the 50lb spring and then report back.

I'll be keeping the Lyrik/Avy/Smash and a Mezzer as my go to forks.....I now have a spare Mezzer which I'm thinking about selling o_O

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
New Hightower.

Please bear in mind I'm not racing and in the stages of recovery from neck surgery so it's not a 100% effort review in relation to velocity or big air time but here's what I've found so far.

In short, the Mezzer is still awesome. Best air fork I've tried. Period.

The Lyrik with the Avy damper...Mezzer still beat it (for my riding atm). The chassis stiffness of the Mezzer helps with tracking over rough stuff immensely and whilst the Lyrik is a stiff fork the Mezzer is a step above and gives more confidence in this regard.

The damping in the Avy seems firmer than the Mezzer in the car park test, almost too firm, but on the trail it eats the bumps extremely well. You can tell the Avy has been designed to go fast and the faster you go the more controlled it feels. At this point I would still take the Mezzer for my riding at this time...if I was racing I might lean towards the Avy for ultimate smashability.

The smashpot with the Avy in the Lyrik is as good as you would think. With other dampers I was running heavier spring rates to assist with compression but now I can lean on the damper for more control and am dropping to a 50lb spring (160mm travel) which will give more of that plushness coil is renowned for. I'll leave it there for now to get a couple of rides on the 50lb spring and then report back.

I'll be keeping the Lyrik/Avy/Smash and a Mezzer as my go to forks.....I now have a spare Mezzer which I'm thinking about selling o_O
Love this type of info - keep it coming @kten !

BT180

Max Pfaff
The Mezzer sounds pretty good. As an owner of a Lyrik I've been interested in the Smashpot, especially since the transformation in the rear since going coil.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
The Mezzer sounds pretty good. As an owner of a Lyrik I've been interested in the Smashpot, especially since the transformation in the rear since going coil.
Hydraulic bottom out is sensational and with the Mezzer and Smashpot both having their version of it, it's a win either way (Smashpot HBO is a little better)

BT180

Max Pfaff
Hydraulic bottom out is sensational and with the Mezzer and Smashpot both having their version of it, it's a win either way (Smashpot HBO is a little better)
Interestingly the latest FTR email compares the Smashpot to the ACS3, with the Smash coming out on top mainly due to the better bottom out. Backs up the comments i've been reading on the forums also.