Newly Released Bikes General

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I don’t see it. Literally nothing about it’s appearance sets it apart or justifies the price.
No one here will, we aren't the target audience, but there will be plenty of Melb/Syd/Bris dentist roadies that like the idea of mountain biking but hate the idea of lugging a 13kg 150mm SC/Intense/Yeti about, best keep it light and local.

moorey

call me Mia
No one here will, we aren't the target audience, but there will be plenty of Melb/Syd/Bris dentist roadies that like the idea of mountain biking but hate the idea of lugging a 13kg 150mm SC/Intense/Yeti about, best keep it light and local.
What Hardtail that weighs 13kg isn’t going weigh 12.8kg in a Ti frame with the same spec?

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dentist roadies are at a minimum full squish but more likely ebikes.
Ti hardtails have gone the way of 26" wheels and carbon rims, particularly ones for $9k. My bet is that in a months time that price will have a red slash through it and be on discount for the bargain price of $8300 because "they have been selling so well that the manufacturer has dropped our price"

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Pole's response comes across as a whinge fest. Should have simply said we got it wrong & left it at that.

In any case, we wanted to give you heads up before the “scandalous” story is out. It looks like Pinkbike has learned from Paul Aston’s review of the broken ENVE wheels that scandalous articles get a lot of views. As a criticism, I would say that the Privateer -series is a lot better way to create traction for Pinkbike because it’s authentic content and is more attractive to the mountain biker. If they are after the frame’s durability, I think it would be good to make a story about how long frames usually last and what kind of abuse they can handle. Interview racers, team managers, and business insiders about the frame durability and design aspects. In motorsport, there is a well-known fact that the equipment gets destroyed after NN amount of hours or if you ride harsh stuff. It is not a scandal if the engine breaks in the F1 race, but in DH or Enduro, the racers hide the broken stuff. It looks like the biggest taboo in the industry is a failure in the product and looks like Pinkbike has learned that this is a good cash cow for them to make stories. I don’t know where it comes from, but I guess that the taboo has it’s roots somewhere. Everyone in the industry knows that it is hard to create actual content, but sometimes you get lucky, and you can do scandalous stories. One of the most notorious is probably a video of Craig Minnaar crashing and snapping his frame to half.
I appreciate PBs (supposed) take on this - one chance, fuck it up, too bad.

If everyone had do-overs, what would you trust to be true?

moorey

call me Mia
Pole's response comes across as a whinge fest. Should have simply said we got it wrong & left it at that.

I appreciate PBs (supposed) take on this - one chance, fuck it up, too bad.

If everyone had do-overs, what would you trust to be true?
Who’s Craig Minnaar?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can understand the point of view, but sometimes buying into a brand isn't just about the reliability of it as an item, but the support in case of issues later on. The difference between a set of wheels that pop-nipples on days ending with "y", that won't ever respond to e-mails, compared a belt that snaps unexpectedly and sends you a replacement and a spare to apologise for the problem.

Sometimes the trust is that they believe in their product enough to support it even when the worst happens, not just that it was expected to survive in the first place.
We would all be riding Giant’s if warranty/support was the main consideration.

animalman86

Likes Bikes
https://polebicycles.com/we-are-not...hNeGKqClADPx9VHXlSfCzW4h0gQ912vWkd--whhAqHrd0

Leo released this article to cut off the Review of the Stamina 140 in the Pinkbike "bible of bike tests".
Interesting to me because the Stamina's are the only non-Nicolai bike that really blows my skirt up at the moment.
Leo went on the full offensive there, wow. I think it would have been better to highlight the ability they have to rework the rear triangle in-house and have it back to production within a short window. Compared to traditional manufacturing of out sourcing to Taiwan/China, waiting for a container etc.

PB comment section is going to explode.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaf

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Haha yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a little "rose coloured" looking at the article, but I did think his reasoning of how and why pre-production stuff gets sent to reviewers was reasonable enough, and it's nice that he included the pictures of the different designs in a side by side as well.

I can understand the point of view, but sometimes buying into a brand isn't just about the reliability of it as an item, but the support in case of issues later on. The difference between a set of wheels that pop-nipples on days ending with "y", that won't ever respond to e-mails, compared a belt that snaps unexpectedly and sends you a replacement and a spare to apologise for the problem.

Sometimes the trust is that they believe in their product enough to support it even when the worst happens, not just that it was expected to survive in the first place.
Their Facebook page still details how fucked up their customer service is. “It left the factory fine.....” seems to be the MO

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Daaaayyyum! Have we taken out the Norco for coolest with this Aus made weapon? Be too old for it by the time I can afford it.

I’d still take one of these in that sexy Stingray colourway for 1/3 the price every time.

Steel is real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk