What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Make sure you drop in to Yack, loads of fun
You bet... we rode Diggers Loop at Yack today. First time there, the descent was great fun. Sue struggled a bit with the ridge riding along and above the mining water races (same as Castlemaine) as she hates it. She can ride rocks endlessly but above water races, fuggetaboutit... so I doubt we’ll we back. But I enjoyed it, particularly the descent and the knarly creek bits at the end. Camped at Tumut now.

E4A1A4A6-1EEF-4175-9202-980A289F025D.png

Flow-Rider

Burner
Trail looks like it's a lot lower than surrounding ground level, bet it turns into a river when it rains?
A lot of it is the Casuarina tree leaves build up on the side of the trail and not compacted but that trail has been there longer than 10 years without any maintenance. I don't think it's a very high usage trail to begin with.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
25kms and 1300m of elevation riding the best trails an hour from melbourne in the best conditions since before winter, few PR's set and smiles all round. its going to be a sad day when the log trucks roll in.
Yesss. Heading that way tomorrow, was hoping there’d be some grip!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Rode the you yangs for the first time in a few years. The club has got the trails running great, Lactic Acid was great fun seemed like it had changed a bit from previously. Has cressy’s rock gardens gotten more chunkier and droppy?
Love the way the trails just flow and the jumps/features feel natural.. Compared to that other that other joint near the lake whose black trails are a dogs breakfast..
So it's not just me? I've had a go on those trails, if they're the ones you think I mean (do you have a list-y I can check?), and I was wondering how the fook you're meant to get any flow on them. I thought it was just because I'm a shit rider.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Went on the Surf Coast Mountain Bike Club social ride yesterday, to a place called Currawong Falls. Turns out, this is where I first started proper mountain biking, when The Boy (now The Young Man) was The Baby! Either that descent has become a lot rougher over the years, or I was a fookin' legend back then, because I used to ride that shit on a full rigid Shogun, then a 2000 model Norco Charger with V-brakes and an 80mm coil fork with adjustable fook all.

Anyway, it was a blast bombing down there on a decent bike, with halfway decent skills. I finally seem to have met the limits of the Sight's suspension. It was feeling really rough and harsh getting towards the bottom. Rebound was set 4 clicks off fastest, front and rear, so I don't think it was packing. Any tips? Or is that just how it goes when you actually ride fast?

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Trail looks like it's a lot lower than surrounding ground level, bet it turns into a river when it rains?
Actually not too bad cos the vegetation slows the water , there are no springs in the red clay and it is quite absorbent.
2016 was the wettest ever winter not so good then.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Actually not too bad cos the vegetation slows the water , there are no springs in the red clay and it is quite absorbent.
2016 was the wettest ever winter not so good then.
That trail has never been an issue in all the time I can remember (10 or so years) but things like this below are and a bike advocacy group stopped this trail from being closed down and it's unsanctioned so no one is willing to touch it.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
25kms and 1300m of elevation riding the best trails an hour from melbourne in the best conditions since before winter, few PR's set and smiles all round. its going to be a sad day when the log trucks roll in.
Where that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went on the Surf Coast Mountain Bike Club social ride yesterday, to a place called Currawong Falls. Turns out, this is where I first started proper mountain biking, when The Boy (now The Young Man) was The Baby! Either that descent has become a lot rougher over the years, or I was a fookin' legend back then, because I used to ride that shit on a full rigid Shogun, then a 2000 model Norco Charger with V-brakes and an 80mm coil fork with adjustable fook all.

Anyway, it was a blast bombing down there on a decent bike, with halfway decent skills. I finally seem to have met the limits of the Sight's suspension. It was feeling really rough and harsh getting towards the bottom. Rebound was set 4 clicks off fastest, front and rear, so I don't think it was packing. Any tips? Or is that just how it goes when you actually ride fast?
Such a ripper of a track. Hard trying to reign it in on the way down to avoid totalling walkers on the way up though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So it's not just me? I've had a go on those trails, if they're the ones you think I mean (do you have a list-y I can check?), and I was wondering how the fook you're meant to get any flow on them. I thought it was just because I'm a shit rider.
Yeah those trails.. Parts of them work but I find it really hard to have enough momentum to hit a lot of the features (of which there are way too many).. The trails aren’t steep enough for us intermediates to get enough speed up to clear stuff I reckon. Good riders probably have no issues but I think it’s fair to say that for one way black “gravity” trails there is a hell of a lot of pedaling required..

Last edited:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Today we checked out the Yarrangobilly caves and the thermal pool... both absolutely amazing. Then on the way back Sue found a little trailforks ride along a creek. Horses everywhere. We only did 8 kms but it was serene. I feel sore, I think it’s from too much walking, it can’t be good for you.

F357433A-DB54-4194-B8AF-32F684D53CBC.png