Product Review Bondic "liquid plastic"

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all I've just found a product that I think is pretty much perfect for repairing small chips etc on bikes. It's called Bondic and it's pretty damn impressive. My brother gave me a stick of the stuff ages ago after he chucked them some bucks on Kickstarter and I've only just gotten around to using it to repair some chips on my Evil Wreckoning. I have no affiliation what-so-ever with the company I just want to share my experience with you guys who appreciate your bikes.

So According to their website Bondic is a liquid plastic. It can be easily applied with the applicator in thin layers which makes it easy to achieve a nice clean finish. You then use the UV light to cure it. For small applications like mine that took about 5 seconds.... literally.

It can be reapplied in layers and then sanded with wet and dry to get your bike looking slick again. It dries clear but can be coloured with powders, which had I known before hand I would've done.

I used it to fix some chips on my handlebars, near my chain ring and other places on the frame. After sanding I then hit it with some Gumption to really bring it up and it looks sweet. Had I used some pigment it would be prefect. It's perfectly smooth so had I used the pigment you wouldn't even know it was repaired.

I won't use it for anything structural of course but I can certainly recommend the stuff for small repairs on Carbon frames and I reckon it would work fine on Alu frames too.

https://notaglue.com/

Cheers Scott.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
This sounds similar to the nail polish my wife uses. Needs UV to cure and hardens much more than regular mail polish. I've used it to repair fork stanchions and so far so good.

Sounds like a ripper of a product, made all in one unit. How much was it?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This sounds similar to the nail polish my wife uses. Needs UV to cure and hardens much more than regular mail polish. I've used it to repair fork stanchions and so far so good.

Sounds like a ripper of a product, made all in one unit. How much was it?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
I got given it mate but according to their website $20 for what I got then $9 for refills so not bad really.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I've bought some. I have a crack in the plastic guard over my van speedo/ rev cluster that is growing. I'm going to see if it "fill" it and stop the crack from continuing. I've also read that drilling a small hole at the head of the crack will stop it growing so I might try that before filling it.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've bought some. I have a crack in the plastic guard over my van speedo/ rev cluster that is growing. I'm going to see if it "fill" it and stop the crack from continuing. I've also read that drilling a small hole at the head of the crack will stop it growing so I might try that before filling it.
Yeah I reckon it’ll work a treat for that and I can confirm a small hole drilled at the end will also stop the crack continuing on. Let us know how it goes. It will be good to have other uses catalogued.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yeah I reckon it’ll work a treat for that and I can confirm a small hole drilled at the end will also stop the crack continuing on. Let us know how it goes. It will be good to have other uses catalogued.
Works on 747s.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
My grandfather repaired planes during the war. He was the wing crack go to man, had a big drill bit collection. As the cracks progressed past an existing hole, the next hole was bigger then the last.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
My grandfather repaired planes during the war. He was the wing crack go to man, had a big drill bit collection. As the cracks progressed past an existing hole, the next hole was bigger then the last.
I'll remember that. Drilled my hole but it's hard to get in between the steering wheel and the dash and I reckon I'm just slightly lower than the end of the crack dammit.... :mad: