What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Rode Thredbo over the weekend. Friday dry and dusty, then it rained overnight and a bit in the morning. Stopped around 10am and the trails were mint. Then Sunday the lifts were closed due to the high wind, so we rode TVT all the way to the hatchery. Fck that was a punish - 38+km on an 18kg+ gravity oriented bike with Assegais front and rear. Was absolutely smashed at the end! Fun trail though.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
we rode TVT all the way to the hatchery. Fck that was a punish - 38+km on an 18kg+ gravity oriented bike with Assegais front and rear. Was absolutely smashed at the end! Fun trail though.
Looking forward to riding the TVT this summer - any more details or anything to note? (other than not bringing a big bike)

BT180

Max Pfaff
Looking forward to riding the TVT this summer - any more details or anything to note? (other than not bringing a big bike)
Yeah, def don't bring a big bike! XC/traill bike best and it would be good to be fresh before riding (not at the end of 2 gravity days). I was with someone on a gravel bike who was having a great time, although some of the descents are high speed and he couldn't make the corners. Some very tight berms also, which were hard to rail quickly. I think because it's 2-way, they're climbing corners also.

I understand the new but is from the ski tube bridge? It's rated as a blue trail from there, so steps it up a notch from the upper TVT. Although it's following the river down, it twists and turns up and down the hill, so there's a lot of pinch climbs.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Nice.

Apparently they're extending it to start from Dead Horse Gap which will be cool.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Which bit is that?
Dead Horse Gap is actually higher up than Thredbo village, so you would keep on driving up the hill before starting the ride. That's the way I read it anyway.

I haven't ridden any of it yet but am looking forward to it!

What's next for the project
Further work will also see the development of associated visitor infrastructure such as day use areas, carparks and signage.

The current project also plans further extensions of the Thredbo Valley Track from Gaden to Thredbo River Picnic Area (for completion in 2020), and from Thredbo to Dead Horse Gap (for completion in 2021) which will create more than 45 kilometres of world-class mountain bike trail.

Future plans could see the track linked by community trails through to Jindabyne, enabling users to cycle from the top of Thredbo resort or Dead Horse Gap, down the Thredbo Valley, along the foreshore of Lake Jindabyne, through the township and onwards to Mill Creek and Tyrolean Village to connect with council-managed bike circuits at East Jindabyne, for a combined trail length over 60 kilometres

BT180

Max Pfaff
Wow, that would be cool if you could go all the way from Dead Horse through to the Tyrolean Village. Well at least for the XC crowd!

nathanm

Eats Squid
Had a perfect night in the garage last.

new wheels for the UGs bike, despite one being ghetto taped inflated perfectly with a track pump first time. new cassette went on without requiring tuning or alignment as too did the new brake adaptor so she's ready to ride finally.

Even managed time to repack the STP's old hub without losing a single ball, almost unheard of.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
When we rode to Melbourne several weeks ago the TVT had just opened so we went from Jindy round the lake to the hatchery then up the TVT to Thredbo. The TVT was a truckload of fun to ride up (even with a bike full of gear) so it will be awesome going down. They've done an amazing job. I'm looking forward to getting back there on the Trance and riding down it.

Would be good to make a day of it and ride up it in the morning from Jindy, lunch in Thredbo and then down in the arvo.

Last edited: