Tyres are killing my fun... Help bring the fun back...

moorey

call me Mia
Oh yeah for sure but he’s also not slow over the other tracks that are less flowtown.
Me I’d put an ikon on and it just pop and spray me with sealant before it even left the garage to spite me!
:p Can relate.
Though, walking the tough sections helps.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
But you’re a cruel soul sending your missus out to ride for 24hrs straight with an Aggressor rear tyre !
But I didn't want her puncturing!
That would have been FAAAAAAAAR worse trust me.... I thought I was being caring by only fitting an EXO too...

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FYI weight of the set up is irrelevant. I’m capable of losing 2x my whole bike weight, if grams become important, so don’t care what they weigh it’s more about rolling resistance and cornering feel and losing all the walking...

Anyway bring on the force AM.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
‘A little’....right.

If not XC racing, I can’t fathom people skimping on strong/appropriate tyres.
Not directed at anyone particularly on here...I just see it all the time, and I’m sick of donating my spare tyres and tubes every event. :rolleyes:
Not that I ever really destroyed tyres, but I do love the Michie Wild Enduros. They look ridiculous, but it is fun bombing into nasty rocky sections and not worrying about the tyres :) I could never really tell the rolling difference on most tyres anyway...

DMan

FYI weight of the set up is irrelevant. I’m capable of losing 2x my whole bike weight, if grams become important, so don’t care what they weigh it’s more about rolling resistance and cornering feel and losing all the walking...

Then DD over Exo at least. The extra weight will make you work harder.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

What inner width is your carbon rims? I find some tyres sizes don’t blow up that great on my 29mm id rims, the sidewalls buldge out from the tread and get cut way easier. This happens more with the rounded xc tyres..

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Then DD over Exo at least. The extra weight will make you work harder.
Oh DD... not went there yet, all over Assegai's, Minions, Shortys ect in WT sizes for our trail bikes.

Never had a failure yet that made me think about double down.

DMan

Oh DD... not went there yet, all over Assegai's, Minions, Shortys ect in WT sizes for our trail bikes.

Never had a failure yet that made me think about double down.
I've never needed more. The new/ second hand bike has a 2.5 DD on the back so we'll see if I notice the difference from my normal 2.5 EXO

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Biggest advantage of DD is the extra sidewall support. You can run pressures a bit lower for better grip and compliance and less squirm, but not have it rim strike so easily. In all honestly though, I loathe extra wheel weight. On a lighter bike it stops the ride (overall) being fun for me when turning heavier tyres uphill when they only really come into their own on fast descents. I might eat my words when I get back on the hardtail again soon though.