2020 Norco Optic C1

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
So while I'm waiting for my brake hoses to come I've got a few other things to work out.
XTR brakes also had the shifter mount integrated with them (really should have thought about that) but I've found some random Sram clamp in my spares box that I think will work. From what I can tell there are no shifter mounts available yet, here's what I've got.

I also think I'll take the Magic Mary off the front and save that for a tractor if I ever buy one, and put the Hans Dampf up front.
Suggestions for a rear that's light and fast rolling? I was thinking Michelin Force AM? Bearing in mind that I'm old, half blind and don't race downhill so I have no need for a Minion which is the default answer on this forum.
Recommend the Force AM...light and fast but still strong. The centre tread is quite shallow but not like a Minion SS or Slaughter. I find it a better all rounder than those two though, just works much better up steep climbs and under brakes.

The casing is much better than EXO.

moorey

call me Mia
Rode the new A1 tonight. Admittedly it wasn’t set up for my weight...and 29”....but it’s scratched my itch for a new bike. Was over 16.5kg out of the box, and while it was nice, it wasn’t what I had in my minds eye. :(

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode the new A1 tonight. Admittedly it wasn’t set up for my weight...and 29”....but it’s scratched my itch for a new bike. Was over 16.5kg out of the box, and while it was nice, it wasn’t what I had in my minds eye. :(
That is hefty, even by your standards

moorey

call me Mia
what size was 16.5 kg?
Large. And 29. Though I don’t think I’d go medium.
Weight is pretty irrelevant to me, if the bike doesn’t feel like it to ride.
In reflection, the 29 was probably more causing the lazy feel than the weight.
I still think it’s fantastically priced for the spec, and I’d really like to try one in 27.5 set up with my fave parts and to my weight.
Looks count sometimes, and it just didn’t look in the flesh how it did in pics. Again, it’s a minor thing.
I like to think I could get one down to 15-15.5kg with no real expense...but not sure I could.
I only took it for a 10 minute gentle loop. Knee wasn’t up to much more. Would love to try an angry descent on one. All might be forgiven.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Like he said, no. I think a lighter wheelset, lighter trail tires, lighter...read expensive...cassette will shave 1.5kg off it.
I think as a 15.5 kg bike it will be sweet.

#bankofdad has to pay for a summer of fun before upgrades.