What are the best dirt jump forks?

LivinIT

Likes Bikes
Hi guys,
I've got my old dirt jump bike sitting out the back with some shot forks.
Wondering what forks would be good to throw on it?
Now money definitely is an important factor here so I thought I'd put it out there for some discussion.
So what forks do you run on your dj bike? Would you recommend? Do you like them?

I've seen that marzocchi have their bomber z2s for a 27.5" at 100mm travel and thought they would be awesome on a dirt jumper and would even suit my colour scheme. But being designed for a 27.5" wheel would that ruin it?
For 36 831 are ridiculously expensive as are the pike dj's. May end up just waiting until some pike dj's come up second hand.

But in your personal experience which forks have been the best for your dirt jumper?

Cheers folks.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Don't sit around wanting for too long...these want last.

have a read of the write up on that page,
#alsogreatforXC
But well spotted, that is a good deal if you are ready to pull the trigger now!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That refers to the spring. They are the fork to get unless you want to open the wallet and get something expensive as discussed above.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
If I could sell my other frame and forks, I would be jumping onto that deal in a heartbeat!
Damn Xmas, Damn kids with their needy requests!

LivinIT

Likes Bikes
This has taken an interesting turn... haha
Yeah so something within the $1000 price bracket.
Has anyone gotten a pair of Fox 34s and then been able to lower them to 100mm? any budget solutions to a kick ass fork that are a little out of the box?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I've got a set of Manitou Mattoc Comps which I lowered to 100mm. Stiff 34mm chassis and hydraulic bottom out. You can get them for 450 off ebay.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Circus’s are better. They don’t have a dicky mudguard.

I've got a set of Manitou Mattoc Comps which I lowered to 100mm. Stiff 34mm chassis and hydraulic bottom out. You can get them for 450 off ebay.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
This has taken an interesting turn... haha
Yeah so something within the $1000 price bracket.
Has anyone gotten a pair of Fox 34s and then been able to lower them to 100mm? any budget solutions to a kick ass fork that are a little out of the box?
I’ll sell you my RS argyle’s for $396.49