2020 Norco Optic C1

moorey

call me Mia
Yikes thats a full 1.5kgs heavier than my xl Pole Evolink running 29er wheels.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I can’t help think that Norco are pranking us. Or using the frames to smuggle 2kg of heroin into the country, that they will retrieve at first service.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Rode the new A1 tonight. Admittedly it wasn’t set up for my weight...and 29”....but it’s scratched my itch for a new bike. Was over 16.5kg out of the box, and while it was nice, it wasn’t what I had in my minds eye. :(
What the shit? My 2017 27.5 A1 is only 14.2 (taken from the very scientific method of standing on bathroom scale, then standing on the bathroom scale holding bike).

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What the shit? My 2017 27.5 A1 is only 14.2 (taken from the very scientific method of standing on bathroom scale, then standing on the bathroom scale holding bike).
Yes his 2019 27.5 was around 14.5. They obviously don't want any warranty claims for cracks, these new ones are beefy.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So it's a touch over 12kg with hope brakes and xtr pedals. I'm a bit sus on the digital scale from Deal Extreme that's been kicking around in my tool box for a while, I weighed my Carbine 275 and that was 10.8 and I'd put it at 11.5 ish so maybe a realistic weight is 12.5 ish
Just did 25km on it and after setting the sag to 20% it's pedalling a lot more efficiently and feeling much less like my Gary Fisher Roscoe from 2006. The tyres are so slow up Hills with incredible rolling resistance, but fuck me they are good on the way down; I could just tip it in to corners that previously would be a bit squirrelly on my Spider 29.
Xtr shifting finally lives up to the hype but I still have to sort out the missed shift issue.
Xfusion dropper already fucked stuck in the up position, I'll have to pull it out and see what the story is.
Minion SS, Wolf tooth dropper remote and better grips arrive tomorrow so with any luck that will sort the rolling resistance and fucked dropper.

moorey

call me Mia
Dropper will be just cable tension, I’ll wager.
I’m still skeptical of your weights. Pedals on or off?

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A few weights I've seen online put the Optic at low to mid 13s. I'd be happy with low 13s for the kind of bike it is

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Using the scientific water method at 23c the Chinese wonder scales are 15% under so it's about 13.5 kg which seems about right.
I'd like to get a kilo off it but short of filling the frame with helium I think that's not a realistic goal.
It must be a 6kg frame set from my calculations, no maple syrup or coke spotted yet but I'll keep looking

moorey

call me Mia
I
Using the scientific water method at 23c the Chinese wonder scales are 15% under so it's about 13.5 kg which seems about right.
I'd like to get a kilo off it but short of filling the frame with helium I think that's not a realistic goal.
It must be a 6kg frame set from my calculations, no maple syrup or coke spotted yet but I'll keep looking
I bet it felt lighter to ride when you thought it was 12 :p