Fire Warnings

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Smell has cleared here and it cooled down enough overnight to open the house up. But its 37 at the moment shifting to an easterly which bring the smoke back. Looks like im in for a furnace head wind tonight going home... Fun times.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Actually pretty clear here, just a faint lingering odour of mega fire. Being an epic baller I'm pumping out a few loads of laundry, hopeful have some sheets and towels that don't smell like a fire.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Spoke too soon...change of direction in the wind and the town is full of smoke and ash again. Fucking sheets are going to be fucked.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just have to wonder how much single track has been lost, not to mention loss of forest, animals of course.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Just been told the ACT fire chief is considering closing all forests and parks within the ACT for 2 months with the exception of Stromlo.
So no Majura, Kowen, Sparrow, Tuggie Pines, or Bruce Ridge.
Cool and normal. Glad I got a loop of Bruce in this morning.

climberman

Likes Dirt
Wollongong smells and looks fkd.

For the NSW South Coast,
Kings Highway is closed to all traffic
Nerriga - Braidwood Rd (aka Nowra - Braidwood Rd, aka MR92) closed (fire at Tianjara)
Milton/Uladulla/Burrill on fire watch
Hume Highway on fire watch.

looks like road trips are off this week in my neck of the woods!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just been told the ACT fire chief is considering closing all forests and parks within the ACT for 2 months with the exception of Stromlo.
So no Majura, Kowen, Sparrow, Tuggie Pines, or Bruce Ridge.
Probably the best thing they can do with imbeciles accidentally starting fires and the not so accidentally ones too.

stirk

Burner
Closest fire to me is about 17km away and closing in with the northerly winds. Given I can't light my Webber kettle BBQ my new method of low and slow smoked BBQ is to just leave the meat outside for a day.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Fires where i was camping were all consciously lit, whether deliberate arson or fuckwittery no one knows. A couple of people suspected but no evidence. This really makes me very angry.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I'm travelling down on Saturday with a view to ride Stromlo on Sunday...I'm guessing it's going to busy.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Just downloaded the bushfire plan documents and tonight is filling them out. We're about 500m from bushland. We were lucky in 2003. We weren't ready, we weren't even here having left that morning with all news saying things were OK.

Do it now if you're within a km or two and haven't done it. If the wind didn't stop we would have been fucked. The fire stopped 200m away. Tomorrow, with current conditions is making 2003 Canberra and surrounds look small.