27.5 is dead

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Think that's been coming for a while.. Thus why I can't decide between the clay or the Glen. I feel the Glen is the safer option for future reasons. Was going to be a mullet anyways.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Think that's been coming for a while.. Thus why I can't decide between the clay or the Glen. I feel the Glen is the safer option for future reasons. Was going to be a mullet anyways.
Yeah the bonus is that you can run 27.5 on a 29 easily if you want mullet. But even that is gonna be applicable mainly to Enduro/DH racing, in everyday riding it doesn't really matter especially with dinner plate cassettes.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Stupid comments for the sheep .
Predictions have been 26 inch is dead ,well not around here with tight hand built tracks .
Jazz is dead didnt happen either ,
Democracy will be dead by 1950. John Langdon-Davies, A Short History of The Future, 1936.
“Telemark is dead“ also wrong.
Even Mark Twain and Elvis . Wish Trump was.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
The writer sounds like a peanut. I like this quote in particular "Everyone thought they were being sold a bill of goods with Boost spacing, but I bet you’d hate to ride a bike with the old spacing standard. "

Yeah, I hate riding my non-boost bikes... How on earth did anyone manage to actually stay upright before the invention of 29" wheels and boost. It's a miracle we're all still alive.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
not even sam hill has won a EWS ROUND! on his 29'r wheels..... i dont need boost spacing i have a stronger rear wheel than anyone with a boost rear :p

safreek

The writer sounds like a peanut. I like this quote in particular "Everyone thought they were being sold a bill of goods with Boost spacing, but I bet you’d hate to ride a bike with the old spacing standard. "

Yeah, I hate riding my non-boost bikes... How on earth did anyone manage to actually stay upright before the invention of 29" wheels and boost. It's a miracle we're all still alive.
That's what made me think "what a fuckwit"
Probably knows more than me about bikes but what a stupid statement

LPG

likes thicc birds
Nothing wrong with 27.5 as such but once you have 2 relevant wheel sizes it seemed pretty ridiculous to add a third. There really isn't that big a difference between 26 and 29 that you needed a middle ground. Not when you can change suspension, tyre width, geometry etc.

T-Rex

Template denier
The safety comment is drawing a bit of a long bow given the nature of MTB. Can’t refute the rest of it though.

In particular: “the stopwatch tells no lies”. I’ve proven this one in a back to back test on the flow trail at Thredbo, 29 was 15 sec faster than 27.5.

Last edited: