Recommend me a pedal thats better than a Vault

moorey

call me Mia
Hope F20's on my ebike are as dangerous as Trump. There is zero back pedal friction so when they come back at you they are coming at a fierce rate of uncontrolled knots.....
Sounds like they need some maintenance.

moorey

call me Mia
Did you show her the Chinese flower drum bikes?
:D
She saw the similar one last weekend at Baw Baw. Luckily, she had no interest.
Dream bike is a blue V10. Told her if she sticks with DH for a couple of years, and works on her riding, we can look at one. Might be affordable by then :oops:

Edit. $100! Sounds legit. Sign me up.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
:D
She saw the similar one last weekend at Baw Baw. Luckily, she had no interest.
Dream bike is a blue V10. Told her if she sticks with DH for a couple of years, and works on her riding, we can look at one. Might be affordable by then :oops:
I'd be scared to scratch the bastard. 10k bikes .... we've lost the plot. o_O

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Hope F20's on my ebike are as dangerous as Trump. There is zero back pedal friction so when they come back at you they are coming at a fierce rate of uncontrolled knots.....I have the OneUps on that bike :p
The first gen F20 had solid pins. Grip was.... erm... inconsistent.

They now come with hollow pins.... and are 100% better.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Axelnose

Likes Bikes
I’m in the same boat as you! Been running Vaults for years now! Have had a few random pedals people have mentioned in here and nothing compared to the grip the Vaults give. But like you I wish they were a little thinner as my bottom bracket seems to be getting lower with every new bike I buy and wish they were wider as my size 12 shoe does tend to hang on the side a bit. Tried saints (nope), large stamps were good but cheap feeling and bearings failed quick so I sold them with my bike, pedal inovation were the perfect pedal for xc (despite the weight) because they felt so easy to pedal in but the grip was crap, nukeproof horizon composite were average at best, a few others I really can’t remember. I got some Bontrager composite flats to try as a friend recommended them and I’m yet to try them. He swears they are the best flat pedal he’s ever tried so I just need my bike back from the shop to try them and I’ll report back.
he’s done a review on them on YouTube if you look him up ‘MTB Telly’ you’ll find his video there. Does great reviews of bikes and gear and is very unbiased (even with my bike) haha
Ill be keeping a close eye on this post. Merry Xmas and happy new year ppl

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Had the Hope F20’s for a year / 3000km and one of the pedals started clicking. Had to spend what the pedals cost me to get a rebuild kit and the machined down socket to fit the nut inside the pedals.

rebuilding was a royal pain in the arse, discovered the big easy-out trick to removing the old bushing thankfully, getting the new ones in was another shitfight too.

Wouldnt buy another set now after the expense of rebuilding them.

Also have 2 sets of ‘modern’ magnesium V12’s ( and 1 set of 20year old original V12’s still going!)

For the cost of the mag V12’s online i cannot bring myself to try the vaults, but i love the V12’s and rate them higher then the Hope F20’s for performance to cost ratio. Size of the Hope and grip is marginally better then the V12’s but not worth the added cost to me.