What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Spent most of today attached to a couple of chainsaws, but after that was done, I fixed yesterdays Lysty middle trail burbed deflating barely any stans rear tyre, that'll teach me not to take the trackpump, duh, you idiot... and then went for an urban. Just half an hour of tooling around, doing my extra crappy monos, manuals, little ledges and stairs... and the new cassette is ace. In the gears I use for popping the front, it doesn't derail, and gives me confidence aplenty. Much better.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Rode trails that "don't exist." Loose rocky steep stuff.

Ejected from bike. Carbon bars and levers scratched, carbon chainstay scratched., 36 lowers scratched. Me all OK found a tree to grab before tumbling down hill so all good. Had a ball, always fun riding proper challenging stuff. Great arvo riding maximum stoke.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode trails that "don't exist." Loose rocky steep stuff.

Ejected from bike. Carbon bars and levers scratched, carbon chainstay scratched., 36 lowers scratched. Me all OK found a tree to grab before tumbling down hill so all good. Had a ball, always fun riding proper challenging stuff. Great arvo riding maximum stoke.
This is the best kind of ride - never know what’s gonna happen , pain ,blood , stitches , calling your wife asking for medical insurance details ........
Or just soooo much fun !

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I put my new chain back on the Amstaff, with a quicklink this time. Rode it around the paddock, rear mech whinging, and took it back off. Replaced it with the worn chain that was on the cassette that I robbed from a 15 y.o bike, and she runs sweet and smooth. Didn't even need to retune.
So I did what all sane people do and went for a ride with my dog in the thunderstorm that just blew through. He runs a lot harder in the rain.

The 4x frame seems more stable at speed than the old Heckler. I guess that's no surprise to anyone.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This is the best kind of ride - never know what’s gonna happen , pain ,blood , stitches , calling your wife asking for medical insurance details ........
Or just soooo much fun !
No no no! This is the worst kind of ride.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I'd love a bike made by Muttley!
I wouldn't call myself a bike builder, but my business registration is up for renewal and I might just change the name.

I did more today. The Deity bars were getting in my head. Was thinking about selling them, then did what all good Westies do, and found some matt black paint to make it all work. 1 Norco stem boganized. Ditched the leather grips and saddle too. Soap would have more grip in the rain.
Now rocking Selle Italia seat and BBB lock-ons.

I need to sort the steer tube out now. Star nut or compression nut? I know which one looks easier ...

Last edited: