The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The sad reality is that there are very few people capable of solving even small problems. In the face of our current challenges it becomes pretty clear how hopeless the pollies and their advisors/handlers are. The lack of creative thinking is striking in its absence. Its probably because when taken as a group none of them have ever had to fix anything other than party meetings.

They neither have the skills nor the vocabulary of problem solvers. Its a bit like asking an amoeba what it thinks about boost hub spacing.
It seems that our last few PMs spent all their efforts getting the top job that once they are there they have no clue what to do in the role. Sadly Albo looks to be going down the same path and is already a disappointing opp leader.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The sad reality is that there are very few people capable of solving even small problems. In the face of our current challenges it becomes pretty clear how hopeless the pollies and their advisors/handlers are. The lack of creative thinking is striking in its absence. Its probably because when taken as a group none of them have ever had to fix anything other than party meetings.

They neither have the skills nor the vocabulary of problem solvers. Its a bit like asking an amoeba what it thinks about boost hub spacing.
It’s down right scary.

I’ve been working on convincing a few family members to run for presentation. They fear they have the life experience but not a strong politicking game. I point out it’s better to be this way vs a useless waste of DNA in a position of power with absolutely no idea how to lead.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
  • Press windows key.
  • Type the first three letters of "snipping tool".
  • ????
  • Profit!!!!
yep, very handy. even slightly betterer,
. press and hold Windows key
. press and hold SHIFT
. press S and let go of the other 2

I believe the Snipping Tool is being deprecated soon.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Interesting seeing the boomer effect on Facebook to the same video, much praise. I don't think Twitter lets you remove comments.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
it's ok, but it only seems to save one visible screen-worth at a time.

The firefox screenshot can do that or save a whole page of forum posts. works well, but isn't working for a page of twitter comments.
I was trying to screenshot all the #ScrotuMo hate before his social media minders blocked everyone and sanitized it.
Try Alt + printscreen for the active window.
Cntrl V to paste it into paint or Word.

If you need the entire desktop then Infraview will do all, combinations of screen grabs - cntrl + F11 is the default to screenshot the desktop from memory.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

I reckon scummo / smoko / whatever you want to call him, has probably half packed kiribilly house by now. We've gotten shiny new PM's for much less than this before...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Although we now seem to be in an era of 'Lie till you are sprung and have to recant, but make it half-arsed and not genuine', 'bombard the public with bullshit until they start repeating it themselves' and 'fuck you, we are doubling down on our lies and trying desperately to weasel out of trouble by riding it out till the next election cycle' and 'it's all the fault of those fucking greens MPs and voters'

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well if anyone is skilled up to speak in spin, it's the it from marketing!

I'm surprised there isn't a lot of "so where the bloody hell are you?" Memes floating around. Fire volunteers with that slogan would be gold. Even shots of Tony or Albo at the front with said slogan could have a devastating impact.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
^ I did appreciate his take on Tony Abbott. O choose to disagree, but it was probably the best description of him that I've seen. Though I am certain at his core Abbott is an arsehole.
Tony, in his own way, probably thinks he's a decent bloke. Take the church away from him and maybe he's not a total cunt?

But yeah, really says something when you're looking back on him thinking maybe it wasn't all that bad

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
^ I did appreciate his take on Tony Abbott. O choose to disagree, but it was probably the best description of him that I've seen. Though I am certain at his core Abbott is an arsehole.
From my one very brief personal encounter with him I’m inclined to agree with you...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
As an “olive branch” to LNP wankers, it was a sensible thing to say under the circumstances though.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
AMWU? No, AWU. Coordinated the rescue effort at Beaconsfield? No, just a media tart. Didn't watch any further.

Last edited: