New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Was thinking about this again today. Really hoping it does get up, being so close to home for me.

But, has anyone heard of who received the prize? You'd think it would have been awarded by now, with the campaign having been closed for a while... I know $20K of funding doesn't leave a great deal of room for a $10k prize, even if it's a high spec bike at wholesale, but genuinely interested to hear who won.

And has anyone received their stoke packs, even stickers?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
just had a look at the latest on GVBP FB page
They finally gave away the Pivot, lucky bastard!
they said that they have been slowed down by the fires, but back out there on the trail again....still waiting for progress photos though!

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just had a look at the latest on GVBP FB page
They finally gave away the Pivot, lucky bastard!
they said that they have been slowed down by the fires, but back out there on the trail again....still waiting for progress photos though!
And given opening is only 4 months away you think you'd be pumping this shit up!!!!

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I read the whole thread today. Jeebus that was a lot of froth.

How good is crowd funding?

Isildur

The Real Pedant
at least one promise has been followed through with, lets hope the rest is soon to follow
I want to believe... So badly!

Lucky John! Can't believe he hasn't commented on or liked either the FB or IG post though... I'd be all over thanking GVBP for the rad bike if I won...

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I want to believe... So badly!

Lucky John! Can't believe he hasn't commented on or liked either the FB or IG post though... I'd be all over thanking GVBP for the rad bike if I won...
good point, someone's dad perhaps......
"Ok dad, stand there and look epic while I take a photo for insta!"

What a thread. Good read this one. A simple search of the suburb Glenworth Valley on central coast councils development application tracking doo hickey has no mountain bike application whatsoever. Unless it's a under the radar sort of deal, they won't be opening in Easter this year without an approved DA.

Scroll to the bottom for the latest DA application submitted in the suburb Glenworth Valley

good point, someone's dad perhaps......
"Ok dad, stand there and look epic while I take a photo for insta!"
I saw this. Pretty sure old mate who won the bike is good mates with the bloke that did the designs and is one of the bike park crew. He is on one of the videos they put out.. . His Instagram has him riding with the bloke who won the bike. Doublediamonddomz or sumthing. Suss as fuck. Its not like they did a proper raffle now is it ?

I did some diggling in those DA documents that the owner of Glenworth has submitted. The glenworth property has environment and heritage stuff and running a recreation facility is not allowed. So impossible to dig MTB trails or run a bike park without approvals.. the videos the gvbp page has put up it looks like a siiiiiccckk idea. So much froth. Chairlift. Fuck yes. They have to be pulling our leg with the info they are releasing about building though. Gvbp appears not to have submitted an approval to council Anyone here a VIP60 member? You will know what's actually going on right? They would have to be sending you updates on the park? I want to froth

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw this. Pretty sure old mate who won the bike is good mates with the bloke that did the designs and is one of the bike park crew. He is on one of the videos they put out.. . His Instagram has him riding with the bloke who won the bike. Doublediamonddomz or sumthing. Suss as fuck. Its not like they did a proper raffle now is it ?
I was hoping that they'd cut their losses, but they keep digging holes for themselves - and not ones we can ride.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
@Dirtdiggling, it would appear you’ve signed up to specifically get stuck in to the GVBP guys. Accusing them of rigging the competition is also quite a big statement.

Is there anything you’d like to disclose?

FWIW I understand the frustration a lot of posters feel on this topic, but countering the ‘froth’ with a bunch of sarcastic comments isn’t a great look either. Easter is approaching, so more information will have to come to light sooner rather than later.

Image may contain: people sitting, tree, plant, outdoor and nature

Last edited: