Regretting talking my brother onto a trail bike

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Great video! Temple of Zoom: plenty of Zoom, but a little too much Froome (salbutamol optional) but only because I'm unfit.
Frikken nice looking trail. How wide was the gap between the trees where you banged the bars Chriso_29er?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great video! Temple of Zoom: plenty of Zoom, but a little too much Froome (salbutamol optional) but only because I'm unfit.
Frikken nice looking trail. How wide was the gap between the trees where you banged the bars Chriso_29er?
Thanks mate, yeah its got some heart busting sections ha ha. Not sure of the tree gap but it's plenty big enough. It's just that the trail is off camber there which draws you towards the tree. I was completely off balance, missed the bars but slammed my shoulder. Did the exact same thing the run before the one in the video, but on this one I actually took some skin off. It does have some very tight sections though, little bit dicey at speed.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Quinn is almost 12. She was always very reserved on the bike till taking a win on a small club kids DH race, then realized the competition isn’t often that tough in women’s racing. Her motivation is a prize. Felix just loves to ride, and the faster/harder he can ride, the happier he is. Always happy with himself if he does well in a race, but more stoked if he thinks he rode his best.
Sure am proud, and the wife is really supportive of them an all the time/money that goes into traveling to events and ride days.
Hope your bro becomes your best riding bud, and helps spur you on. Good times.

slowmick

38-39"
Good to see it takes me about twice as long as you to get down temple of zoom - going to need to do more practice. Lot's of surprises on No Strava for a first time rider.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Good to see it takes me about twice as long as you to get down temple of zoom - going to need to do more practice. Lot's of surprises on No Strava for a first time rider.
I rekon a 140mm hardtail would blast down there. One of my 29ers can't actually corner around a lot of the tighter stuff without drifting the corner.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have riden silvan once in the rain on a xc hardtail.. It was lethal, wet hardpack clay and ridiculously slippery roots.. Temple of zoom took me about 10mins falling off every tight corner.. Love to hit it again in the dry..

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rekon a 140mm hardtail would blast down there. One of my 29ers can't actually corner around a lot of the tighter stuff without drifting the corner.
I agree, need a good set of front forks for the crazy chatter, but hard tail would help with the couple of flatter sections.