What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
wait, what?
the Bottle rocket hasn't been made for years, was this a new frame or NOS?
Not sure if there is a difference between the bottle rocket and the bandit, I wasn't paying that close attention to @Scotty Ts post. The frame I linked to is NOS at supersport. Was considering it a while ago but 1k is still a bit rich for me for an old frame.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
you local wilderness looks more like a rubbish dumb.... there are some fuckwits out there
"Wilderness" was used in a very tongue-in-cheek way.
Close the area off for vehicles, install trail cameras... The council are pretty slack. I don't think I've even see so much rubbish in the bush. They need to get that cleaned up.
The video doesn't do it justice, to be honest. There are quite a few burnt cars around. Even a 6 ton tip truck. There are a couple of near complete house demos in there too. I gave up complaining to council and recently set the EPA on them. Some of the watercourses have 200 lt waste oil drums in them. At least one was full.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Not sure if there is a difference between the bottle rocket and the bandit, I wasn't paying that close attention to @Scotty Ts post. The frame I linked to is NOS at supersport. Was considering it a while ago but 1k is still a bit rich for me for an old frame.
Bottle rocket was a 26", similar to the likes of NS Soda and the DMR Bolt..and was produced around 2012
the Bandit im thinking was a 27'5

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Is that fork off the shelf or a custom jobbie?
Pretty much this with some custom dimensions:
Waltly Rigid MTB Fork

I went with a 495mm Axle-to-Crown and a 40mm offset (super stable).

EDIT: I'll hopefully get to take it for a spin tonight, and will let you know how it goes. I'll also chuck up a PYR for the new frame when I've got the bike built up.

Last edited:

beeb

I'll hopefully get to take it for a spin tonight, and will let you know how it goes. I'll also chuck up a PYR for the new frame when I've got the bike built up.
@sane - Initial impression is the fork feels nice (bike path ride and a few gutters only so far). It does have a little (struggling for an adjective here:) tuning fork 'vibrato' when walking it around unloaded, but with rider on board it's all smooth. If you focus on it you can feel slight fore-aft flex over trail imperfections, but it also means there's enough give to soften road cracks and tree-root ripples in the ashphalt. There's no discernible lateral flex when cornering.
Short version - It's a rigid fork that isn't harsh. Will update if my impressions change in time.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Hit the northern bits of Stromlo with a young lad
tagging along who'd just moved from Bris and was by himself. He'd already done a lap over the top, but Dave didn't realise it was this morning so we did a steady pace. He stacked on Slant Six on one of the rock jumps and went ok for the rest until stacking again on Breakout. Poor fella had to take a rest and had run out of water so gave him some, and a muesli bar at the suggestion of another rider who'd stopped to help. Rolled back down and Dave got him a Gatorade. He'd only been doing 15k tops so 24k today nailed him. It got hot real quick today. I also screwed up and stopped my watch halfway but there were definitely no records.

beeb

Built it. Wasn't especially intended but bloody hell it's light. Sometime in the next couple of days I'll get it out on the trails, and will eventually PYR when I can be bothered (having hopefully also taken some more/better pictures).