Little Things You Hate

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Fucking summer weather I am just about over it . NE Vic sunny and hot every day.
Been here nearly 40 years and it feels like the last 2 summers are the worst for hot and dry.
Now another scared shitless fire day this Saturday 43 + wind.
Good luck Canberra , it might knock some sense into the LNP's thick skull.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
The right whingers are going to be hit by the bushfires and the coronavirus right where it hurts = the bottom line .
I think both will both have a significant impact on the local economy.
Despite the bravado about recovery, people have deserted lots of tourist spots and some locals are reviewing their tree changer status.
I can also almost hear the chainsaws starting up, when it cools down = there will be a bit of a preventative gum tree massacre.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Especially whilst in the peloton .... arrogant fuckwits they are. They expect pedestrians to make way, and ignore all traffic signs. I worked there on and off for years.
I always do the 5km lap around Bennelong parkway, its outright dangerous when groups come down Australia ave and ignore the stop sign. Bike lane isn't safe, next lane isn't safe and you have to go wide in the 2nd traffic lane to avoid them, The excuse we cant stopin a group is an admission you shouldn't be riding in a group them. a LACC shirt on a rider is a big red flag to get away from that person

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I always do the 5km lap around Bennelong parkway, its outright dangerous when groups come down Australia ave and ignore the stop sign. Bike lane isn't safe, next lane isn't safe and you have to go wide in the 2nd traffic lane to avoid them, The excuse we cant stopin a group is an admission you shouldn't be riding in a group them. a LACC shirt on a rider is a big red flag to get away from that person
I worked on the Thales and NRMA glass boxes on Murray Rose Ave for about a year. That was where I gained my contempt for the cafe crews. When the trains unload, it makes for interesting viewing from above. They got a lot of love from the hundreds of tradies who had to dodge them every morning. They abuse the shit out of slow/lost drivers too. The whole place is full of pedestrians all day. 40 km speed limits (which I'm sure they break) No idea why it's tolerated.

Jpez

Down on the left!
The Princes hwy to Geelong here in Melbourne. A few months ago a big roadie event. Hundreds of them in bunches all the way along the freeway heading to Geelong.
I finally make it to my exit off ramp to find a group of about 50 just riding straight across it without even looking out for traffic coming off forced me to stop still on the freeway while these muppets mosied across the exit completely ignoring the sign saying ‘cyclists cross with care’

Stopped still on a freeway is not a good place to be.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Princes hwy to Geelong here in Melbourne. A few months ago a big roadie event. Hundreds of them in bunches all the way along the freeway heading to Geelong.
I finally make it to my exit off ramp to find a group of about 50 just riding straight across it without even looking out for traffic coming off forced me to stop still on the freeway while these muppets mosied across the exit completely ignoring the sign saying ‘cyclists cross with care’

Stopped still on a freeway is not a good place to be.
that would have been Around the Bay in a Day. Absolutely nightmare riding down there for that, I can imagine it being a headache for cars as well

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LITH - Telstra and foxtel. Its dead dave, the F$#@Ein g box is dead dave. no it doesn't suddenly start working if I unplug it, you don't think I've done that.

kind of thankful GOT had such a shitty last season, its way too painful to get a package added for a month then get them to cancel since you cant do it on line

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
It's been a right head fuck since christmas, honestly it's nice to finally know she is finished now. It's been a little over a month of me trying to make things better and just getting shut out. She doesn't want to take anything, just want's it over and to move back in with mum to live the insta travel lifestyle and find herself apparently. I should be able to keep the house if I transfer over to an investment loan and lease it out. Just means I have to move back in with mumsy and dad too(ah fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. 27's not too old right? RIGHT?), untill I smash it down abit and re-finance again.

Luckily theres no kids, and we were only engaged (defacto though).

So bloody angry still.
That sucks balls @Ultra Lord

27 and (at least) a share in a house is a good place to be. I didn't meet Mrs George until I was 25 and it took us 12 years to get in a place to buy our first (only?) house.

It sucks, but it'll be OK one day

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Mrs ultra doesn’t want to be Mrs ultra anymore. Now I have to deal with solicitors and real estate agents again.

fml, so many hates.
Well shit... That’s going to suck for quite a while, will be less fun than a not fun thing riding that out.

As already mentioned and I’m sure you know it anyway, it will get better. Not much else to be said sadly. Don’t get too lost in your own head if you can help it...

FigBo0T

I don't want to hate local bike shops, so I'll hate parts importer/distributors. Just spent an hour calling 10 shops within 45 minutes of home. I want an ISCG adapter plate. The last one I called had them in stock. Generic unbranded - $49. Another called me back to say they can get one by Friday ... E-13 brand - $49.95

Jenson sell the E13 for $16. I can buy a dozen different no name things on Amazon for $10-15. Do they really get why we use online, overseas suppliers?
I wonder to myself.

"I've worked here for 15 years and nobody ever asked for one before"

yeah, I believe you, especially because 2 minutes ago you had no idea what it even was, and had to ask the mechanic .... smartarse. sigh ....

My nearest lbs closed permanently last week ......

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I don't want to hate local bike shops, so I'll hate parts importer/distributors. Just spent an hour calling 10 shops within 45 minutes of home. I want an ISCG adapter plate. The last one I called had them in stock. Generic unbranded - $49. Another called me back to say they can get one by Friday ... E-13 brand - $49.95

Jenson sell the E13 for $16. I can buy a dozen different no name things on Amazon for $10-15. Do they really get why we use online, overseas suppliers?
I wonder to myself.

yeah, I believe you, especially because 2 minutes ago you had no idea what it even was, and had to ask the mechanic .... smartarse. sigh ....

You could have put up a wanted ad on here. Surely someone has one in a tool box they don't want anymore. I think I might even have one if you haven't ordered one yet.

FigBo0T

You could have put up a wanted ad on here. Surely someone has one in a tool box they don't want anymore. I think I might even have one if you haven't ordered one yet.
I didn't think of that, because it's just a crap piece of pressed metal. Cheers mate.

Flow-Rider

Burner

I wonder to myself.

yeah, I believe you, especially because 2 minutes ago you had no idea what it even was, smartarse. sigh ....

I bet most of them buy something online themselves these days instead of supporting a local shop, the only difference is that some of them might support MTB events or riders.

I don't usually bother anymore unless it's something basic but the last time I was in a LBS the owner had a go at me for looking at the quality difference of some grips they had in stock on a rack and I almost told him to F-Off. They expect you to make a choice in 1 second and regret it the moment you walk out of the shop and I had been using this shop for years too.

Last edited:

FigBo0T

I bet most of them buy something online themselves these days instead of supporting a local shop, the only difference is that some of them might support MTB events or riders.

I don't usually bother anymore unless it's something basic but the last time I was in an LBS the owner had a go at me for looking at the quality difference of some grips they had in stock on a rack and I almost told him to F-Off. They expect you to make a choice in 1 second and regret it the moment you walk out of the shop and I had been using this shop for years too.
I had a similar thing at Xmas time. Was grips too. Don't stock lock ons (except in Giant branding). "you used to keep a bunch of Jetblack ones" I say, and the reply "yeah, but I didn't like them, they're too hard" he didn't get my money either.
AFAIK, he sponsors the local BMX track and club, so I don't want to hate him, but ......

nathanm

Eats Squid
I don't want to hate local bike shops, so I'll hate parts importer/distributors.

retail is totally screwed. Buyers want to buy everything at the cheapest price they can get online. Stores pay wages and rent and electricity etc and simply cannot complete with online. They also cannot stock every product everyone wants because stock on hand is lost money.

What they can do is good service for new bike buyers and good service when it comes to repairs. all those gloves and knee pads and stuff are really only there for cashed up buyers who are dropping fat stacks on some bling so they can have all the gear and no idea. Plus for newbies all that stuff looks cool. My beautiful girlfriend is like a bower bird in my lbs.

They are never going to be able to sell parts below cost to riders who build and service there own stuff. It's like a chef going into a michelin star restaurant and wanting to buy fried chicken at KFC prices.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I finally make it to my exit off ramp to find a group of about 50 just riding straight across it without even looking out for traffic coming off forced me to stop still on the freeway while these muppets mosied across the exit completely ignoring the sign saying ‘cyclists cross with care
Round the Bay?