Little Things You Love

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
The new Yeti was impressive in its detail, but kinda ugly IMO (I never got into the purple anno, and it looks awkward against the grey to me).

The Nukeproof looks bright and fresh, and the DMR looked cool but a bit too much shiny orange for me.

The Ibis - well, they tried... :p
Agreed, apart from the orange hate. I thought it was just right. I've been wearing that colour for work for a couple of decades now .... I might be brainwashed a bit. The Yeti was faithful, but needs graphics or something to stop the old bike stealing it's limelight.

And the Ibis .... yeah .... hard to believe Ze Germans wanted their flag on it ....

Switch

huskier headed gent

Went searching for a hacks thread but thought it would fit in well here. I have a compressor but this is such a cheap option and I use something similar to clean my bike after a ride so it may just go in the car as a backup.

nathanm

Eats Squid

Went searching for a hacks thread but thought it would fit in well here. I have a compressor but this is such a cheap option and I use something similar to clean my bike after a ride so it may just go in the car as a backup.
saw that the other day as well, keen to see if/how it really works.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
riding out of Glenrock today on the EEbyke , passed an old fella pushing his Levo..asks if my E is reliable (Giant Trance E+1) as he has just blown his motor.
to which I reply, "yeah mate, never missed a beat"
feel for the old bloke, he's not going to make it out of there alive, mozzies are at biblical proportions out there at the moment.
I guess that's what you get when you spend twice as much on a BigS Levo!
I'm sorry, are we supposed to be sympathetic?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTIL - nurses with the touch of an angel. Barely felt the canula going in for CT scan today. hairs being pulled when we ripped the tape off at the end was much worse. Still a lot better than the 5 attempts over an hour to get the needle in properly last time, which also caused me to miss delivery of a new bike.

LTIH - a weeks wait for the results.

edit: spelling .

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
LTIL - burses with the touch of an angel. Barely felt the canula going in for CT scan today. hairs being pulled when we ripped the tape off at the end was much worse. Still a lot better than the 5 attempts over an hour to get the needle in properly last time, which also caused me to miss delivery of a new bike.

Good luck!

Flow-Rider

Burner
LTIL - burses with the touch of an angel. Barely felt the canula going in for CT scan today. hairs being pulled when we ripped the tape off at the end was much worse. Still a lot better than the 5 attempts over an hour to get the needle in properly last time, which also caused me to miss delivery of a new bike.

I'll send some good luck too.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I tried it but couldn’t get it to work.. The pressure release valve stopped me pumping it up enough for it to seat the tyre. I used it on wide carbon rims and it was bo better than a track pump..

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Having a chat yesterday with my cousin, his daughter, her son and daughter (my sprint passenger). Grandpa usually has the school drop off duties as his daugher is typically at work by that time. This week she is on holidays and doing the drop offs and pick ups. Anyways we were talking about the sprints and the young fella starts talking about how he will drive and what lines he will take etc when he is old enough to get a junior clubman license. His mum laughed and said you can't even remember the way to school! Then she told us how he got her to drive this weird route to school and then to get into the right lane before the school, she said I thought there were roadworks so went his way until that instruction so I just drove him to school. Young fella blurts out but if you don't get into the right lane you can't turn into the shopping centre so I can get a crumbed sausage before school! Grandpa is sprung, he admits that they stop to get the grandson a crumbed sausage and him a coffee. So grandpa turns to the young fella and says talk about throwing your best mate under the bus!

There will be no more crumbed sausages before school. Apparently.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Rotorburners.
Got woken up after 3 hours sleep to recieve the rim from @binner half an hour ago. It went MIA for a couple of days (delivered Tues according to the courier) and the box had extra goodies that weren't mentioned. Much appreciated. At least a couple will go on the ute.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Finished the first full mowing of the season and this included the annual knocking back the grass under the trees in the grove down the back. We have a pair of mated kookaburras and they are afraid of nothing. Happily hand fed. One was sitting on the tractor front end loader arms as I was bashing tbrough the undergrowth so it could get the first pick of the wee animals that were lurking in the grass.