The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
One Katter has been superseded by another. Be funny if someone hacked their site and declared robbie as a vegan and pushing a non animal foodstuffs agenda.

I though DiNatali said atbthe last election he would stand down as leader for personal reasons?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Nope. She was canned because she didn't declare membership of the gun club, nothing to do with the pork barrelling, they are still telling us that was all legit.
Trouble is there is no rule to say that the funds have to be allocated based on merit. Funds to marginal seats happens and will always happen. Shit but true.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sports grants...a big deal or media beat up in desperation for new news material?
For me it's a big(ger) issue than 'normal' pork-barrelling because while there is almost an acceptance that $$ will be spent in marginal seats to buy votes, this money was earmarked to be spent through a program that allegedly had criteria that needed to be followed. Having the government just ignore/override that criteria for self-interest reasons makes it much worse than normal.
But, I admit that the current/modern LNP angers me up pretty easily, so they're not starting from a good place.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Trouble is there is no rule to say that the funds have to be allocated based on merit. Funds to marginal seats happens and will always happen. Shit but true.
Yeah I guess most people's perception of how a merit based system works is they order and award based on that score so this is quite a shock. Most are more aware of connected wealthy entities generally being able to score the highest grants due to having resources to put into applications, which is more the normal stuff we're used to and doesn't (edit: seem to) smell as bad.

safreek

I'm putting my money on the only national with any vim and vigour. Who are the other nats
judging by the eyes he has just seen another female staffer

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They're all hillbillies. Was probably his cousin. Has there ever been a dignified photo of him? He looks like his dick is jammed in the car door outside a convent.