Finally I am endurobro

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Always good to work it out before cutting. It's not easy to put length back on.
K'oath... reminds me of a few years back when I bought a 29" SID...I chopped the steerer, fitted brakes and then went to fit the wheel... they sent me a 26" fork (before 27.5 was even invented).

Luckily they were just as annoyed as I was and met me with the difference from selling it + sent me a new 29" fork.

Measure twice, cut once is what people tell me, not that I do it but its fucking good advice.

safreek

K'oath... reminds me of a few years back when I bought a 29" SID...I chopped the steerer, fitted brakes and then went to fit the wheel... they sent me a 26" fork (before 27.5 was even invented).

Luckily they were just as annoyed as I was and met me with the difference from selling it + sent me a new 29" fork.

Measure twice, cut once is what people tell me, not that I do it but its fucking good advice.
Damn that sucks, lucky they came to the party.
I will probably get the shop to do the chopping, I might hammer in a headset but I'm not real good a chopping straight

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Damn that sucks, lucky they came to the party.
I will probably get the shop to do the chopping, I might hammer in a headset but I'm not real good a chopping straight
$9 and you cut as straight as anybody mate.

It's probably only good for one steerer tube, but the price is right.

Or $30 for a keeper

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
$9 and you cut as straight as anybody mate.

It's probably only good for one steerer tube, but the price is right.

Or $30 for a keeper
Pipe cutters for the win, not sure how they'll go on steel though and not prepared to try it with my good rigids.

One of my co workers uses those craftright ones. I'd never buy anything craftright again but he reckons they're great value and you don't shed a year when you leave one under a house.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've got those Craftright pipe cutters and they work alright.

If you wanted to be a tight arse you may cut the steer tube with a hacksaw or grinder above the line and file the last bit down.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I've got those Craftright pipe cutters and they work alright.
Have you used it on a steer tube? I have a nice Rigid one, but not game to try it. A replacement wheel costs more than the Craftright cutter. I might just buy one for the experiment, if Safreek doesn't take the bait. ;)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Have you used it on a steer tube? I have a nice Rigid one, but not game to try it. A replacement wheel costs more than the Craftright cutter. I might just buy one for the experiment, if Safreek doesn't take the bait. ;)
I haven't used mine on steel but they were originally made for cutting gal steel water pipe, which is a bit softer than a steel fork steer tube but a lot thicker. I've used other cheap cutters on steel steerers before and it usually takes a bit longer .

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I've used pipe cutters on bars and steerers. It's fine as long as the steerer is aluminium not steel.

safreek

Nar, not rich enough to try one, I think the hoseclamp gets my money