Confessions from the fuckwits

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Mate's theory is the Pooey breaks down so often it saw an empty trailer and climbed on to save time. 2.6-3.0t on a 0.75t trailer that is too small towed by something with a towing capacity of 1.8 or 2.0t with 100% gravity keeping it in position.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
...2.6-3.0t on a 0.75t trailer that is too small towed by something with a towing capacity of 1.8 or 2.0t with 100% gravity keeping it in position...
Nitpicking...

In all seriousness though, I've have seen many car/car trailer combos being pulled by cars that will not have the towing capacity. Also many car trailers that are overloaded. A car trailer than weighs around 750kg will typically have a max. load capacity of 1.3t. There are very few modern cars that weigh as little as 1.3t.

When it comes to trailer towing, very few people have any idea. The manufacturers also do stupid things like have a a max. ball weight that is less than 10% of the towing capacity, so its easy for even experienced people to get caught out if they don't read the manual.

tobbogonist

a registered member
The police did a blitz a few years back in vic and pretty much every tradie vehicle pulled over was exceeding capacity, fellas round here are still talking about it on slow news days.
Cram four big blokes into a hilux and there's a lot of your carrying capicity gone straight away.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
This is true.

My plumber drove around in a truck like this (not his truck but you get the point):

So much more sensible, and they are not expensive.

Cheaper, in fact, than many of these fancy girly utes like the fucking Raptor.

If you are going to drive a truck, drive a truck.
I feel attacked!

we’ve upgraded the suspension in ours though. I’m 1t under limit with normal tools and two blokes.

Flow-Rider

Burner
This is true.

My plumber drove around in a truck like this (not his truck but you get the point):

But can't take it on the beach once a year Brah and then claim it on tax.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
My uncle, a former pirtek dude drove one of them. A random grandpa failed to stop at a stop sign in a 100km zone. Grandpa left this world, my uncle walked away, but had to unload all the contents before it was towed away onto the side of the road.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
This is true.

Totally impractical..how will you park that in a loading zone at the Gym?
#Iaintwalking

sbm

Likes Bikes
Helping out with trail maintenance using a whacker packer...the guys had a rope tied to the front, so a second person could help pull it up steeper lips.

Being super helpful I did another pass over a section by myself, holding the rope in a coil... unfortunately I didn't notice that I got the rope sucked in to the drive belt and it quickly wrapped the axle and jammed to all fk. The friction from the slipping centrifugal clutch then melted the nylon.

We spent an hour taking it apart and chiseling chunks of melted plastic out of the clutch with a pocket knife. Didn't get much trail work done that arvo. At least we got it working again!

moorey

call me Mia
@beezlbub Sold me a nice cheap set of forks for a local kid. Did a quick lower leg service, only to find they were like brand new inside. Oil was the color of new oil.
Reassembled them, aired them up, and gave them a swish. Why is there a big knock about 30 mil short of full travel? Have I fucked up something internally?
Gave a few more squishes trying to imagine what the hard knock was, well short of bottoming out. I had put the lowers on backwards, so the arch hits the crown 2/3 of the way through it’s travel :rolleyes: