The QUICK question thread.....

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Did basic service on pre '18 rs pike, figure I might do damper as forks look unopened,vanyone know the bleed screw on the motion damper, is it the same thread as for brakes, or totally different

Flow-Rider

Burner
No apart from being on latest firmware, fix is to get newer phone, no way around 10 bit 1024 wk god problem,
Arrrrh, yeah no more current firmware updates and have the time set to 'auto update'. The rides upload but get shoved in year 2000 on Strava and I export the ride, then change the date manually and upload again PITA.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Why are replacement gear cables so long? No bike will ever utilise the full cable length so why waste so much material?

moorey

call me Mia
Basically the same, but a few different bits in the Charger kit. If nothing else though, never ever EVER use the one kit for DOT fluid & other juices; keep them totally separate.
Correct. I have a spare new kit is all. Never had a go at a charger bleed. Thought about having a crack.

slowmick

38-39"
I have a pair of Fox Attack Pro Shorts. My wife just picked them out of the washing basket and they look like melted. All the seams that were "welded" or glued together had come undone. Anyone else seen this? Looks like a stripper has taken them for a night out. About 6 months old.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I have a pair of Fox Attack Pro Shorts. My wife just picked them out of the washing basket and they look like melted. All the seams that were "welded" or glued together had come undone. Anyone else seen this? Looks like a stripper has taken them for a night out. About 6 months old.
View attachment 360077
Kero wash?

I’ve had a set of the lightest weight fox shorts (ave?) for 3+ years that have those seam styles. No problems aside from one little seam area around 1cm near the waist. That’s be like that for over a year and was probably from a pull of some kind.

6 months old = warranty if you want to send them details of the washing detergent, method etc. I’d say.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Yep. It can get stuck forward and not return. Worse when cluck is on, but sticky even when not.
Reckon that’s it.
Amazingly @moorey was right about something.

After leaving the bike for a few days chain tension had returned, but a quick ride around the block and it was gone.

Took the clutch apart, everything was clean inside but no grease to be seen. Lubed it all up, back together and everything seems back to normal.