Recommend me a pedal thats better than a Vault

moorey

call me Mia
In case I’ve missed someone already saying it.
There is a better pedal than the Vault.

The Vault 2.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
In case I’ve missed someone already saying it.
There is a better pedal than the Vault.

The Vault 2.
Yeah i dont think i believe that.

I have the original Vault Brendog edition which are 115 x 115 x 17mm with terror pins.
The new Vault v2s are 105 x 105 mm x 17mm.

Did they get grippier with a smaller surface?

moorey

call me Mia
Full disclosure, I have never owned a set of the new models. And I retract my statement, and stick with my love of old Vaults

teK--

Eats Squid
Speaking of Vaults;

I didn't believe when people said the bushing was made out plastic, seriously wtf?

Have priced up IGUS bushings instead which by all accounts should last a LOT longer than the stock bushings.

Only clincher is the shipping cost.

With a bulk buy I could have the order shipped to me then I'll forward them to you.

If I order 6 pairs in totaI would work out to just under $25 for a pair of these bushings, to your door.

Let me know if any interest I'll start a proper thread.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
So bringing this back up....

Looking at my current v12s and my shoes it appears I never use the two pins closest to the crank arm... but rather just the outside pins and my foot has a good cm or so that hangs over the outside of pedal as a I ride.

So width seems more important than length in next decision... and the idea of a bearing at the crank (although a shuttle nightmare) won't likely have any impact on my foot position.

I'm size 12 foot... to be considered.

People still feeling the Vaults v2 are best??

I'm pretty sure I want to stick to concave which is reason I'm avoiding OneUp...but I have no reason for this other than I'm a peanut and always had DMRs.

Kona Wah Wah 2 is hard to find and Aus dealers are adding a 30% exchange rate surcharge it seems.... (oneup 50usd = $80aud, Kona 60usd = $130aud... work that one out)

Unite Instinct?
Uber Components Flatout?
Crank Bros Stamp?

A lot already discussed above but I'm bored in ISO so thought people might feel like writing.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I'm running the OneUp composites and have the same size foot as you. Best pedals I've run in the last 10 years. Hard wearing, light, good platform size and excellent grip.

In saying that I've never run the Vaults.

The other pedals I'm currently running are the Funn black magic. Not quite as grippy, and slightly smaller, but still a good pedal.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Vaults 105x105
OneUp Comp and Alu 115x105

Same width so who knows

Wah Wah 2 120x118 but apparently when the bearing taken into account 110x107 (Pinkbike review)