Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Bugger. Losing the adapter is a bummer.

No idea on the sealant but if you do go down that path be careful if the BMW uses tyre pressure sensors. Not sure if the sealant may damage them.
He’d just disable the sensors anyway. All they do is say a tyre is flat.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Hmm sensors are a must. Everytime I get a flat I give it a decent steering wheeL wiggle, cannot feel a rear tyre flat. With active suspension that all but eliminates body roll in a 2 ton car, you’d think a flat tyre would be noticeable. Low profile is what masks it I believe.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I've had two in the BM in 3 years, both through the sidewall/tread interface so scrap two tyres. Before that nothing for years. Softer tyres and luck of the draw. The 4wds haven't had any issues ever from memory.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Wider tyres sure play a part. Same average km per year, tyres 50% wider, went from zero flats in a decade to 5 in 12 months.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Too many toys not enough space or time. Have owned the mazda for about 15 years, it has had many lives. First as a daily, then as a weekend hills car, fitted a half cage and did some motorkhana, track days and hill climbs, then the drifting craze came about and that was fun till I realised how much of a thrash it is on the car. Gave that up before i did any serious damage. I built the engine that's in it now and lost a bit of interest, but very slowly converting it back into a street car as they seem to be going up in value now. It needs paint and a bit of TLC as it had a bit of a hard life.
View attachment 360072View attachment 360073
Go the Chook Cooker !!!!!!!
Good on ya for keeping the rotary dream alive. I love those things. So angry. The FC's & FD's are a timeless coupe IMO.

I sold my SR20 powered Datsun a couple of years ago. Owned the car for about 20 years - so many adventures and configurations and mods.
Sometimes I miss it.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
No sensors in the wheels, wheel speed differential is used to determine if a tyre is flat.

Checked while my mate Paul had the tyre off.
I dunno if it's just coincidence but there might be something about BMW's & flats.
A mate of mine has had two horror stories with low profile run-flat tyres delaminating (at speed) in two different near-new BMW's.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Go the Chook Cooker !!!!!!!
Good on ya for keeping the rotary dream alive. I love those things. So angry. The FC's & FD's are a timeless coupe IMO.

I sold my SR20 powered Datsun a couple of years ago. Owned the car for about 20 years - so many adventures and configurations and mods.
Sometimes I miss it.

What sort of Datsun?

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

Attachments

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Nice hen's tooth. I can't remember seeing many wagons, like ever. My second car was a 1600 sedan. Very similar colour too. Loved that car. Pretty much modular the way they built them.
Went through a few drivetrains in it.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
More Polo suspension stuff, rear beam axle main bushing replacement:

New ones are split, easy to install. Old ones are in a metal sleeve that’s pressed into the axle. Online pics show removal is far from fun...