Little Things You Hate

stirk

Burner
LTIH but Big TIH

Old laptop Wind 7 got really slow last night, tried to do a turnback and it crashed which ended in a total reset. Now the fuckers have made wind 7 obsolete, nearly impossible to find all the drivers to make everything work again.
The drivers will be out there but searching for them is a PITA.

Have you thought of putting a Linux system on it?

Depends what software you need of course but if just a basic laptop for web and docs Linux should work nicely and not too steep a learning curve.

Edit:eek:ops late to the Linux party I see.

Don't forget the dual boot option which in English means you can install and run Linux side by side a windows install. When you start the computer you get given an option to boot either. Easier to set than tubeless.

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Just put Linux distro on a bootable USB - you can try before installing it
this. Ubuntu or Mint are user friendly downloads and generally idiot proof. They will make an old laptop that’s too slow on windows sing as they need waaaay less grunt to be happy (ie better software...).

Mint is more windows like and Ubuntu is more Mac like in its UI logic. Both are great.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The drivers will be out there but searching for them is a PITA.

Have you thought of putting a Linux system on it?

Depends what software you need of course but if just a basic laptop for web and docs Linux should work nicely and not too steep a learning curve.

Edit:eek:ops late to the Linux party I see.

Don't forget the dual boot option which in English means you can install and run Linux side by side a windows install. When you start the computer you get given an option to boot either. Easier to set than tubeless.
I'll keep it in mind but I run shit loads of other programmes like video editing and mapping tools. probably should look at a bigger computer but this one has done the job for now.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Plenty of video editing and mapping software for Linux. I've been running it for years and would never go back.

Farmed pine trees?
What's it like with Printers and downloading photo's from mobile phones ? I'm at the tail end of everything now, if I have trouble I'll change over.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
My laptop just sees the phone as a storage device. Printer set up is easy with any HP, I'm told some printers can be tricky but I'm yet to struggle.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Finding a crack in my bell helmet then finding the current model replacement cost is $300.

Thankfully pushys has fox ones on special but just another unnecessary cost

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTIH - driving out to the trails and getting their just as the Ranger puts up all the signs saying the tracks are closed due to weather...
It didn't rain that much FFS! :)..

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Bloody cyclists ...

A female pedestrian is in a serious condition after being struck by a cyclist in Sydney’s Inner West.

Emergency services were called to the dual pathway (westbound) on the Iron Cove Bridge on Victoria Road, Drummoyne, just after 10am today (Saturday 15 February 2020), following reports a woman, aged in her 70s, had suffered severe head injuries after being struck by a cyclist.
The woman was treated at the scene by NSW Ambulance paramedics before being taken to Royal North Shore Hospital.
Officers from Burwood Police Area Command have established a crime scene and are currently speaking with the male cyclist, aged in his 50s.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Parking inspectors... Mini power trippers are very dull.
Parking inspectors who refuse to book the cars who abuse drop off zone every day. Just move then along and same peoplw do the same shit every other day and every time the inspectors visit.

Add in the local think of the kids brigade. Lots of hand wringing and hope they find the culprit for some dumped and burning rubbish in a local park. Turns out the garbo did pretty well when soenthing went bang and set fire to the recycling and he dumped it before it got worse and got firies on pronto. Pitch forks were only reluctantly put away