The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Looks bad. I went straight to the pics, but then checked and it is disclosed in the ad. She's a hanger upper I reckon.
even if you re-welded it, looks like a major design flaw and would probably break again....what were they thinking doing the chainstay yoke like that, bound for trouble!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Anyone around the jimboomba area that could pick it up for me if the dude will sell it to me. Could shoot a 6 pack or a few reefers your way. I'm serious
Sorry dude, that’s an hour from my place and, you know, kids. Hopefully someone Southside can hook you up.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Hoping someone can help identify these forks and if they are any good or worth repairing.

Picked up a very cheap trek y22. Only becuase I bought a Y11 back in the day and nostalgia and all. Previous owner decided the nude carbon was no good so gave it a top notch spray bomb in purple View attachment 360057

It seems to have virtually no original parts on it, including the forks.
They look like manitou magnum forks.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Have stated I will pay their juice, hand over beer or weed. I have no need for a hire car as mine is working.
Righto, I've crunched the numbers :oops:

Fuel $300
Coffee $30 (driver fatigue)
Bike $250
Cocaine $300 (I'd have to be on drugs to do it)

Call it a grand coz you're a mate. Plus weed .... keep the beer.
The Aldi carpark in Lismore looks dodgy as all fark, so I figured we'll do the drop there?

safreek

Righto, I've crunched the numbers :oops:

Fuel $300
Coffee $30 (driver fatigue)
Bike $250
Cocaine $300 (I'd have to be on drugs to do it)

Call it a grand coz you're a mate. Plus weed .... keep the beer.
The Aldi carpark in Lismore looks dodgy as all fark, so I figured we'll do the drop there?

View attachment 360145
Done deal, I can only get Meth though. Cokes for people who can't handle real drugs
I agree, alcohol can get fucked. That's how desperate I am for the bike to of offered that.
I can tell you for a fact that the only reason aldi still exist in Lizzy is for the dodgy deals that go down

safreek

Just another one of these cocksuckers.
Still cheap but wouldn't give him the smell of my arse for it now

Hope no-one buys it off him.
I was only after the fork, the rest of the bike meant nothing to me, dime a dozen.
Without the fork I reckon the bike is virtually worthless

Last edited: