Latest eMTB tech

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's amusing that people believe an E-bike will help them ride for longer periods of time than they can normally. It's still bloody hard work to lug that weight around
I find it amusing that most people are still time poor and riding time doesn’t magically increase because they buy an ebike..

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I find it amusing that most people are still time poor and riding time doesn’t magically increase because they buy an ebike..
the time doesn't magically increase, but the number of laps able to be done in the same amount of precious time does!
what would you prefer, to do one lap in a given time frame and be totally busted at the end, or have the time and energy to knock out another lap in the same time period...not sure what your getting at?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
It's amusing that people believe an E-bike will help them ride for longer periods of time than they can normally. It's still bloody hard work to lug that weight around
what is the amusing bit, don't know what you are implying...I can go out for 3 hours and ride non stop on my Ebike, I could never do that on my other bikes!
11kg featherweight carbon softcocks, give me my 24kg Ebike any day!

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the time doesn't magically increase, but the number of laps able to be done in the same amount of precious time does!
what would you prefer, to do one lap in a given time frame and be totally busted at the end, or have the time and energy to knock out another lap in the same time period...not sure what your getting at?
Quality over quantity.. More of the same doesn’t equal better. For my local trails, yes I would rather one lap on my fun flickable carbon trail bike and be busted than mutiple laps on a barge..
Having said that, if I lived in the mountains with wench and drop style terrain/trails, I agree with you the emtb would be a great option. Especially on flow trails where the emtb bike weight isn’t a issue and actually helps out..

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
ok, you clearly have no interest in purchasing or riding Ebikes, why bother telling us this, why are you here?
no one is forcing you to come over to the dark side..
You seem to have little or no actual evidence that you ride an ebike by your statements, I can flick my Ebike off berms and lips just fine ,and I have heaps of fun doing so too..just watch any of the clips on youtube of dudes riding Ebikes, none of them seem to be struggling to get them off the ground..
riding mutiple loops on the same trail on the same day actually improves my riding, where if you hit the wrong line or go the wrong way around an obstacle, you can have another crack at it within a very short amount of time and correct your mistakes, making you a faster, smoother rider on those sections.
maybe you need to put the Lycra back on and get the carbon road bike back out!

Last edited:

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I've got an ebike and can ride for longer periods of time on it. Dont even notice the weight to be honest.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
its not like any other threads on this forum stay on topic... why start here?
This forum is dead because of all the ebike trolls posting their same old shit in every thread that gets started.
If your not interested, why are you reading the threads. Fuck off and let people who like ebikes talk about ebikes.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got an ebike and can ride for longer periods of time on it. Dont even notice the weight to be honest.
I guess you get to riding what you have at hand. I am not against E-bikes at all, I think they have their place. Just not entirely sure that some people get them for the right reason, but they can do as they please

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
This forum is dead because of all the ebike trolls
That's a bit like people who buy a house in St Peters and then complain about the aircraft noise.

Forums are dying. This forum is less dead than many other forums. The 'ebike trolls' are mountain bikers.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
for those that actually "get it" here's a good interview with Nic!
https://ebike-mtb.com/en/nicolas-vouilloz-interview/
Bigger tyres, stronger components, heavier bikes all just add up to some sort of sub-optimal moto that's going to destroy the trails and potentially get all bikes banned in certain places. I think the Levo SL approach is much better. Work on making ebikes more like normal bikes with just a bit of assistance so the less fit can keep up.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Bigger tyres, stronger components, heavier bikes all just add up to some sort of sub-optimal moto that's going to destroy the trails and potentially get all bikes banned in certain places.
this hasn't happened with the 4X4 community, in fact it seems to have launched the industry into hyperspeed..
I do agree with some points of your comment, but the way I see it, the industry has just been smoldering in the background and now it has come of age...more bikes, lots more people out on the trails,but really not many more places to adsorb all that extra traffic..its the lack of trails to spread the masses that is probably why we are seeing more trail damage than in recent times, maybe the trail management strategies need to be re-hashed and brought into the modern era!

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Bigger tyres, stronger components, heavier bikes all just add up to some sort of sub-optimal moto that's going to destroy the trails and potentially get all bikes banned in certain places. I think the Levo SL approach is much better. Work on making ebikes more like normal bikes with just a bit of assistance so the less fit can keep up.
STOP PROJECTING YOUR FRAGILITY!!!!!