Wylde MTB trail Western Sydney Parklands

LPG

likes thicc birds
I used to ride all the time at Wylde. I might have to make the trip before it closes. I'll see how many brown snakes I can see in one run.

Sydney needs a new airport like a hole in the head.
I disagree, Sydney needs a hole in the head much more than ot needs a new airport.

wilso1

Likes Bikes
It always was going to get a chop and re-route. This came today.

https://wsip.consultationmanager.co...ay/m12-motorway-community-update-oct-2019.pdf
Whereas earlier information showed an alignment which almost bissected Wyle and the shooting range (which wold have impacted the kids loop but not much else), the revised alignment almost follows Elizabeth Dr, and so would result in the chopping up of almost all the track. : (

While the track does have its negatives, I'd rather have it than not.

Submissions via here if you're interested:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Whereas earlier information showed an alignment which almost bissected Wyle and the shooting range (which wold have impacted the kids loop but not much else), the revised alignment almost follows Elizabeth Dr, and so would result in the chopping up of almost all the track. : (

While the track does have its negatives, I'd rather have it than not.

Submissions via here if you're interested:
If they chop it then they do, we can't help that nor lie under bulldozers. I just hope they keep Multiple Choice.

It might not be a bad thing if they get to do something new and make some parts better with the hindsight of what they know now.

They will be at Wylde on Saturday according to FB.
Screenshot_20191017-072556.jpg

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Heads up, there will be a community Q&A on the new Wylde tracks on the 22nd. Great to see that they're serious about this.

New Wylde Mountain Bike Trail revealed
Join us for the exciting reveal of Western Sydney Parklands' new design for Wylde Mountain Bike Trail (MBT) in a free community showcase on Saturday 22 February, 2pm to 6pm, at the entry to the Mountain Bike Trail on Range Road (off Elizabeth Drive), Cecil Park.

Discover how the new design will build on the success of the current Wylde MTB facility, which is being redesigned and re-positioned with the introduction of the M12 Motorway.

Meet leading designer Brett Barnes (DIRTZtrack) who will explain how the new trail caters for beginner to advanced riders and how you can tailor your experience to suit your skill level, fitness and time available.

Find out how the new Wylde MTB facility will meet current international standards and reflect advancements in mountain bike riding offering new features, scenic bushland sections and increased community facilities including BBQs, picnic shelters, car parks, new tree planting and even more open space to explore.

Regular riders can also find out more about key milestones for the project, which is expected to open to the public by the end of 2021.

Coffee and drinks will be available for everyone joining us. We look forward to seeing you there.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Here you go kiddies...........

https://www.westernsydneyparklands.com.au/about-us/parklands-projects-2/current-projects?
and
https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/projects/01documents/m12-motorway/m12-motorway-wylde-mtb-boards.pdf

Looks like Multiple Choice will be buried and my grumbles are that the climbs will be decreased in intensity but longer length is good thing.
Whatever pops out of the end should be good enough.
Did you go to the thing on Saturday? I planned to, but ended up working all night and sleeping all day. My impression from the NSW Roads presser was that they'll be closing parts of it?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Did you go to the thing on Saturday? I planned to, but ended up working all night and sleeping all day. My impression from the NSW Roads presser was that they'll be closing parts of it?
No, I didn't go. They are chopping out the section that will impacted by the M12 and making shiny new. Wylde is pretty well used everyday so at least they won't be getting rid of it totally.

FigBo0T

No, I didn't go. They are chopping out the section that will impacted by the M12 and making shiny new. Wylde is pretty well used everyday so at least they won't be getting rid of it totally.
I drive past it about 20 times per week. Usually in the middle of the night. Still haven't been there yet. I need to address this.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You do realise the motorway & airport are linked, yeah?

Cap the number of flights in & out of KSA. And put a carbon price on airline fares.

Done. Congestion won’t get worse.

We need another airport like a hole in the head. But Straya jobsngrof.

FigBo0T

You do realise the motorway & airport are linked, yeah?

Cap the number of flights in & out of KSA. And put a carbon price on airline fares.

Done. Congestion won’t get worse.

We need another airport like a hole in the head. But Straya jobsngrof.
That's a nice bubble you live in. Sydney's population increased by 10% (500,000 people) in 3 years. 2016-2019.

Where do you think they live? Do you think that growth can be capped too?

You owned and raced a Lotus, right? :rolleyes:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I owned two Lotus. Never raced them. What's that got to do with it?

In the next decade we need to reduce C02 emissions by around 7% per annum.

Can you please explain to us how building a second airport will assist with this effort?

FigBo0T

I owned two Lotus. Never raced them. What's that got to do with it?
What is the carbon footprint of two imported, completely impractical sports (racing) cars? Asking for a friend .... Are track days not racing?
(maybe my memory is playing tricks, or maybe you posted about driving your Lotus on track days)

In the next decade we need to reduce C02 emissions by around 7% per annum.

Can you please explain to us how building a second airport will assist with this effort?
No I can't explain it. I don't need to. I think it's better to go with your approach and just refuse to recognise the issues at hand.

Obviously, we need to stop populating the outer Western suburbs, and start clearing some of the inner National Parks that the ideologists inhabit?

Stones and glass houses.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Both were used, no track days. I can't & won't condone motorsport any more either.

Why are you obfuscating an airport with owning a sports cars that hardly got driven?

No point arguing with you as you think #jobsngrof is the only way forward.

Did you enjoy this summer's bushfires? Jobsngrof will result in increasingly worse bushfire seasons. As a human race we need to change course.

Science cannot be argued with.

Anyway, this is not the CC thread.

FigBo0T

Both were used, no track days. I can't & won't condone motorsport any more either.

Why are you obfuscating an airport with owning a sports cars that hardly got driven?

No point arguing with you as you think #jobsngrof is the only way forward.

Did you enjoy this summer's bushfires? Jobsngrof will result in increasingly worse bushfire seasons. As a human race we need to change course.

Science cannot be argued with.

Anyway, this is not the CC thread.
I love your conclusions. They confirm your delusion.