Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

gillyske

Likes Dirt
There are no rational sounding cases for anti-vax or flat earth. None.
Yeah but look at some of the major events of our time and how completely irrational they were.

Saudi's fly a plane into the WTC so we invade Iraq because of weapons of mass destruction?
Bankers lose trillions of investors money in the most iresponsible morally hazardous ways possible, quick give them trillions in bail outs practically overnight. Never have we seen a govt give out so much money in such little time.
Scientists urge us to act on the worst ecological disaster humanity has ever faced? Oh lets be careful here, we might waste money, let the market handle this one boys.

I don't know what the social barometer is anymore, when I look at flat earthers and anti-vaxers I honestly cannot blame them for thinking they are on to something.

Social media is replacing conventional news. What other way around are you talking about?
Just in the way that I don't think that social media is any different to mainstream news in its integrity and accuracy and it sort of copied the way action style news or current affair news formats itself for viewership.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Yeah but look at some of the US Presidents of our time and how completely irrational they were.
Iraq, the banker bailout, climate change.

I don't know what the social barometer is anymore, when I look at flat earthers and anti-vaxers I honestly cannot blame them for thinking they are on to something.
Extremism comes in many colours. They have to be blamed for failing logic, the same way all ideologists should be blamed for their bullshit. Religion by any other name ....

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Social media provides a way for people to connect with other "like-minded" individuals and reinforce their personal beliefs. No matter how small a minority you may be in with your beliefs, the internet will allow you to find people that agree with you.

eg. 29ers roll over everything, my ebike is not a motorbike, I'm such a legend I need a longer, slacker, lower bike etc. :)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
It’s like we need a virus to kill off 70% of the population.

No wait.....

Isn’t too far fetched anymore is it?

FigBo0T

It’s like we need a virus to kill off 70% of the population.

No wait.....

Isn’t too far fetched anymore is it?
“… Here, evolution had hit on the sweetest of solutions. Such perceptions were guaranteed to produce a faith-dependent species that believed itself to be thoroughly separate from the rest of the animal kingdom, but followed its genetic instructions to the letter—and left more offspring as a consequence. Here was a gene-driven animal just like any other, yet one that believed itself to be under special guidance—guidance that was not merely ‘spiritual’, but in most instances ‘divine’. Here was a wonderfully practical insanity, an invincible, hereditary madness that eventually enabled this under-endowed ‘paragon of animals’ to devour the planet like a ripe fruit
A book I read 20 years ago.

https://regmorrison.edublogs.org/1999/07/20/plague-species-the-spirit-in-the-gene/

FigBo0T

Hey over here @FigBo0T - please, please take some time out of your schedule to read some of this information:

https://www.worldenergydata.org/

My mate has done his absolute best to make it digestible. CC is a very complex science, but it can be explained methodologically. I've done my best to ensure that is true.
You think that crying over spilled milk (an airport is being constructed) is important, and makes you virtuous.

You think that sticking your thumbs in your ears and saying "lalalalala" will change the demographic and economic development of one of the largest cities in the Southern Hemisphere.

You can't stick to, or follow an argument because you're too busy trying to score points with your hipster mates.

(just taking a leaf from your book of 'How To Mass Debate')

Both were used, no track days. I can't & won't condone motorsport any more either.

Why are you obfuscating an airport with owning a sports cars that hardly got driven?

No point arguing with you as you think #jobsngrof is the only way forward.

Did you enjoy this summer's bushfires? Jobsngrof will result in increasingly worse bushfire seasons. As a human race we need to change course.

Science cannot be argued with.

Anyway, this is not the CC thread.
Didn't your school teach you how to argue in debate?

Your conclusions are delusions. Your habit of inventing motive to attack, is quite amusing. You attract a lot of trolls, right?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I stated that we do not need another airport - it will lock in decades of emissions we cannot afford to emit. I offer science to demonstrate that we need to decrease emissions, not accelerate them.

You go beserk. You seem to be arguing that we don't have a choice but to increase emissions?

Science says decrease. You argue increase is the only possibility. I like to listen to science.

I've shared this many times - this is one playbook on how we can address CC by reshaping our lifestyle & economy.

The Climate Mobilisation Victory Plan

It doesn't mention building new airports.

P.S. Read that website yet?

FigBo0T

You have a really strange way of preaching to the converted. See my previous comments about your conclusions.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Had to vent about 500 grams of R134a from two cars on the weekend. Couldn't get the cars to an AC shop, and no mobile service was interested in coming to recover it for me... Has a GWP of 1300, not awesome.